XXXI

"The final piece for the end? Are you serious," Kayla just scoffed and crossed her arms, looking at Uli and I she added," Are all her pack this dramatic?"

"She's not being dramatic, Kayla. You're here and Tyler shows up when ever he wants. He could be here now and that would mean that we have everything we need for the final part of the premonition to come true. We've all had it and people died in all of ours."

"Nova, do you believe this?"

I looked around at everyone. Do I believe this? Will we all die? Myself and my family and my pup included, but the hands of my own mate? Does this even make sense?  Why are all these questions just now coming up?

"I don't think we have a choice but to believe all of this at the moment."

Don't we?

Not now.

"After you went through all the trouble to get Tyler to find me, you now decide that it's no good that I'm here?"

A loud gasp from the Luna followed her question, Alpha Jack ignored the rest of the conversation to attend to his greying wife who was clutching her heart. All eyes went on me. Luke stepped forward with Mike close behind as Kian rushed over to his mother and away from his own mate.

"What is she talking about, Nova?"

"Luke, I- I didn't mean to. I didn't think he'd actually find her!"

"Explain yourself better," Mike growled," Now."

"The day after I got pregnant I noticed that Tyler was lurking around. I thought it was best for everyone if he was gone for a while so I snuck out my window to meet him and I asked him to get out of town for  a while by making it seem like he was looking for Kayla."

"Oh, no, Nova, no," Luke moaned, rubbing his face with his hands, "Why would you do that?"

"I wanted him to leave for a while, with him gone there was no way the vision could come true! I figured I'd call for him after I gave birth and he'd come home empty handed and we'd all be safe, how was I supposed to know he'd find her when an entire pack couldn't?!"

"Why not just tell him about the damn vision," Mike shouted at me. Up until now no one had really yelled at me for any of this, Mike has never really yelled at me before with the exception of my choosing Tyler over him. I couldn't help but step back and cover my pup protectively.

His face immediately fell and I almost- almost- regretted moving at all.

"I didn't want him to know. I thought it was for the best if he didn't know."

"That wasn't your decision to make," Thalia said," He is my brother and I am the only one who gets to make those choices."

"You think you get to make all the big decisions in this?! He is my mate! He left you and your entire family like you were nothing- like you were a wrapper he dropped on the sidewalk because that's exactly how you treated him!"

"You don't know anything about our family!"

"Like hell I don't. He told me everything. You were awful to him all because he was a hybrid. Does his father truly make the difference between a good person and a beast!?"

His father stepped out of the crowd and I gave him a warning glare, one that clearly told him that I was on the verge of ripping his throat out. He held up a hand to tell me that it was okay.

"Stay out of this," Thalia snapped at him.

"Nova is right, Thalia."

"You have no say in any of this, Vampire. You aren't family."

"You don't think it was hard for me? I loved my son, but every time I looked at him I saw her! That's why I so willingly joined you and you're merry band of fools, bringing in dozens of my own kind. You look exactly like her, Thalia."

"You don't get a say!"

"No, I don't," he held up his hands in recognition of his powerless state," Which is why I'm taking it. Nova is right in her decision to keep this from him, Tyler is- whether we acknowledge it or not- a hybrid. They have heightened emotions that surpass any wolf's. He would have done something drastic and where would that leave her and the baby?"

No one spoke. I realized that this is the first time this thought had crossed their minds. Had no one honestly thought of my or my pups well being in all of this?

"I will not have my grandchild be in the same place I left my son."

"Neither will I," I spoke up, looking at everyone. They all expected me to give them a speech, I could see it on their faces. My wolf spoke up, Give them what they want." We will find a cure. Whether it takes an hour or until the end of the world. I know that I have made speeches like this before and I have failed you in bringing truth to my promises, but this I promise you- We will fight! We will try! We will find a way like the wolves we are. And we will never- never- give up. Not until our last breath."

Nice speech, Tyler's voice rang in my ears.

I looked around quickly, he was standing in the tree at the opposite end of the clearing. How much had he heard?

Don't get over worked. Last time you thought he'd found out but he hadn't.

You're right.

"Thomas and Teresa will be here at dawn. If our brother isn't here to meet us, we will withdraw from helping your pack."

We all looked at her but she was gone in a flash. I thought that even Kian would have a hard time catching up with her. He tried, but nothing came of it. Holly went with him as she was almost as fast as him, but she came back an hour before he did and he even came home empty handed.

I went to see Georgiana after the meeting dispersed.

____

The simple fact that she was still alive was more than astounding, no child has lived this long under the influence of the disease. There she was, laying there drenched in her own sweat and breathing incredibly shallow. My heart clenched almost as tight as her hands around her little doll.

My head cocked to the side and I went closer to her, it was a tribal African doll made of black string and colorful beads.

I let out a sigh ad turned around to face the closet, sure enough Tyler stepped out.

"I'm not following you, Nova. I was in here when you got here and didn't have enough time to get out. I was going to wait a little bit longer before seeing you."

"I didn't think you were," my hand rested on my forehead as I fought off the migraine," I should have known that you wouldn't wait a single second longer than you had to to see her."

"I didn't. This is where I came after seeing you. She loved the doll."

"She was awake when you got here?"

"No, she woke up an hour after I got here the first time."

We both stood there watching the poor kid sleep.

"How much did you hear earlier?"