XXIV

Unpacking was easy, going down to dinner was harder. All the pack leaders from nearby territories had shown up along with our own higher up wolves. They all had the same complaints-

"The disease is spreading."

"It's coming into our territories."

"What do we do?"

"You two are oracles, help us!"

"Where is the third oracle? She should be here too!"

They were so admant that I almost couldn't bear it. Holly left Kian's side to stand by mine and take on the upset dignitaries as well. Luke gave each and everyone a had glare after they walked away from me, no one dared to come back and talk to me. Can you ask for better siblings?

After about an hour or so I excused myself and Uli with a lame excuse about being jet legged and needing rest. They bought it and I got free time to myself for the first time in I don't even know how long.

I didn't even bother to change out of my clothes before throwing myself on my bed. The darkness was so comforting that I almost fell asleep on contact. Then I saw a shadow move near the closet.

"Who's there," I asked, bolting straight up in my bed.

I saw him step out of the darkness, his head down and his hands clasped in front of him. Tyler. His once gorgeous turquoise eyes now amber, sad and dull. His shirt was rumpled and a bit torn at the edge which matched the holes in his jeans to a T. He looked like he hadn't slept in days, maybe weeks. What happened to him?

I couldn't afford to think of that now.

"You shouldn't be here," I whisper-yelled to him.

His eyes snapped towards mine, they immediately took on a red hue and I felt my breath jerk in my lungs quickly.

"I shouldn't," he agrees.

"I should let them kill you," I added as he began to walk slowly towards me. Just a step more and you wouldn't be able to fit a newspaper between us. When did I stand?

"You should," he tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear," But you won't."

I'm about to argue that I will when he brings his lips down to meet mine in a slow, thought-halting kiss. Then another. Then another. I remain stiff, my conscious battling my wolf who still had complete faith in her mate. When our lips part he puts his head into the crook of my neck and I melt inside. How can he be anything bad?

"I missed you, Nova."

"I-"

He pulled his face from my neck and held mine in his hands, stroking my cheek bones with his thumbs.

"I love you."

I couldn't answer. He loves me. We are destined to be in love, I know, but it's still a shock. He- Tyler- My mate- loves me. I guess that I didn't have to reply because his mouth took hold of mine again and I found myself responding with out question. My hands wound around his neck again and this time they found their way under his shirt collar and onto his bare back. He moaned when my nails raked back up to his neck before wrapping in his hair and pushing his head lower into mine.

A sense of urgency took over, he pulled back long enough to pull my shirt over my head and I started on the buttons of his own. Soon enough we were both naked, he took me by my hips and backed us up until I fell onto my bed with him crawling over me. His lips took up my neck while my legs wound around his hips. I found a small sense of logic in my brain and managed to get out his name as he reached around to unhook my bra.

"Tyler?"

"Mm."

He hummed as his hands explored my back, from the small to the neck and back again.

"What will happen in the morning?"

His hand froze and he looked down at me, a small lock of hair was dangling in front of his eyes as the turquoise began to bleed back into them.

"I don't know, Nova. Only you could know."

"Then lets make tonight count," I muttered. The blue snapped away as quickly as it came but I took him by surprise and rolled us over so I straddled him. My hands started at the base of his throat and slowly dragged the tips of my fingers down over the planes of his chest. His eyes closed when I got past his belly button and he relished the moment of torture, my fingers stopped just above his hips and below the button as a thought came to mind. I backed up a little on his and knelt between his knees. He gave me a questioning look before my head bent. Then it wasn't his eyes that told me what he was thinking or feeling with their mood-ring like qualities, it was the sounds that my mate could make.

____

Tyler's POV

Hours later- many, many hours- I lay next to Nova in her bed while she slept on my chest. My finger drew circles on her shoulder but my mind was stuck on how I even got here. I'd been coming into her room every night since she'd left, just to be somewhere that was hers. I know that it was my own fault for leaving but I had to. I never saw the vision Nova was having but I knew from the way that everyone was glaring at me that it was bad. I couldn't even understand what she was saying when she started muttering.

It didn't take long for me to realize that I loved her after she'd left, my entire body and being yearned for her. That's why I was in here in the first place, I needed her. It's like she's iron and I'm a magnet. I had to have her.

Now I have, I thought to myself while flashes of earlier came to mind. I've never been with anyone else but I doubt that they could be nearly as astounding as Nova. The way she moved. The way she kissed me. Even the faces she made while I made love to her were so perfect. I almost left that for ever.

You still have to, my wolf reminded me, you'll die if you don't. You know that your father won't let you off that easy.

Just for a few more hours? She's so peaceful, so beautiful.

He grumbled a response before fading off and I smiled to myself. Whether he'll admit it or not, he wants this as much as I do. Maybe more so.

I looked down at her again and kissed her forehead, making her smile in her sleep.

Just a few more hours.