XXX

Nova's POV

A few weeks after my flash forwarded pregnancy, I was sitting with Holly as she rambled off "fun" facts about parent hood. This was the first break she'd taken from investigating a cure in weeks so I couldn't bring myself to stop her from telling me about how babies can breath and swallow at the same time.

"It's fascinating, really. I suppose in a way they can't truly breath and swallow at the exact same time, but in a way they do. You see their respiratory rate is so high that they don't-"

"Come on, babe," Kian said, walking in from his spot in the doorway. He put his hands on her shoulders and she lulled her head back to look up at him, Kian gave my baby sister a lopsided grin and a peck on the lips. I gagged. "Give the poor girl a break."

Sitting up from my spot laying on the bed, I gave them a warning glare before flopping back onto the bed and stroking my raised belly.

"Never call her 'babe' in front of me again, Kian."

"Alright, alright," he grabbed her hands and pulled her closer to him, kissing each hand when she was close," Let's get out of here, sexy."

I almost threw up when I heard her growl at him. Granted it's a regular thing for wolves to do, but come on! That's my baby sister and he's pulling her out of my room and down the hall, no doubt, to his!

That thought was clarified in a minute when I heard his door slam shut and the lock go into place.

"Please never be like that," I whispered to my pup," Mommy's begging you."

"What if he is? Then what will we do?"

I turned around and stared in absolute shock at my window, Tyler was standing just inside it with an overly cocky grin on his face. I ran to the door and closed it, turning my own lock.

"What are you doing here?"

"That's what you're going to say," he wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me into a hug, his head finding it's place in my neck and hair. My hands went around his back and I held him tight as I fought back the tears.

When he pulled back to look at me he had the same turquoise blue eyes that haunted my dreams in ways both good and bad.

"I'm serious here, Nova. We could have a real Cowboy Casanova on our hands."

"Something tells me that our son won't be wearing a cowboy hat."

"Why not?"

"I've never even been on a horse, Tyler. Why would he be running around acting like something he isn't?"

Hypocrite.

What?

You're a fucking werewolf.

Not what I meant.

"Wait, if you're here then-"

"I found her."

"Where is she? Ulijana and I have to see her straight away. She might know something that we don't."

"She's downstairs," he pulled back a bit farther before taking a deep breath and letting me go completely," Go see her, I'll come back later."

"Okay."

He kissed my forehead before disappearing into thin air.

____

Downstairs was surprisingly quiet after the recent events, Kayla was the only one there. She was sitting on the arm of the couch with her heeled boot resting on the top of her beat up suitcase. When I came in she turned her attention on to me and away from her thoughts.

"Sterling."

"Hello, Kayla. You look different from the last time I saw you."

"Like you're one to talk," she replied, gesturing to her neck and gut. My hand instinctively went over my own, the pup purred under my touch.

"I suppose I have changed a lot, too."

"I'll say," she stood up and walked to me. Once she was in front of me she stopped and crossed her arms, scanning me from top to bottom and back up. "What's it like to be the first pregnant oracle in a hundred years?"

"It feels terrifying, especially since the vision," I looked down and paused for a long moment before adding," Have you had it too?"

"I have. Where is Ulijana? We need to see what we have together."

"She's upstairs, in her room. Come on, I'll show you to yours."

"Okay."

She bent down to pick up her bag and we ascended the stairs together, her a few paces behind me and me clinging to the railing she didn't bother to touch.

Something feels off about her, Nova.

What do you mean? It's Kayla.

I know, but something just feels.... Wrong.

You worry too much.

She started to retort with something but must have decided against it because she turned around and gave Tyler's wolf his daily reports on her, me and the pregnancy.

____

Uli and I met up in the game room after I showed Kayla her room and she fell asleep. Uli sat on the edge of the sofa while she listened to me, her leg jumping a hundred miles a minute.

"And you're sure that finding her is a good thing?"

"Why wouldn't it be?"

"Well," she started, finally giving her leg and the floor a rest by crossing her legs under her," When she wasn't here the couldn't come true. Now that she's here, all that we're missing is the hybrid."

"The 'hybrid' has a name, but you're right. Now that she's here we don't have much time."

"What do we do next? Do we keep trying to find a cure or what?"

"Why are you asking me?"

She just tilted her head to the side and looked at me. I could almost see the question going through her head, why wouldn't she ask me?

"Never mind. We'll call everyone together in a few hours for a meeting. Then we can decide what steps to take next."

"Okay," she jumped up from her spot as if there were a spring in the cushion before heading to the door," I'll get the word out."

"2 hours at the clearing. Kayla should be asleep for another couple hours so we're safe."

She nodded before leaving me standing in the room alone.

____

2 hours later on the dot, the Alpha and Luna, Mike, Kian, Holly, Thalia and the vampires, Joshua and all the nearby pack's major leaders, adding up to a grand total of 20 wolves and vamps. 

"Why have you called us here," Thalia said, the first to speak of everyone as Ulijana and I tried to decide how to start. Uli looked at me for help but I just gave her a nod to go ahead.

"There's been a break through with the vision," she looked around and added," Not the good kind."

"Can you explain, dear," Luna Catherine asked.

"We have found Kayla, now we're only missing Tyler before we have all the pieces."

"All the pieces for what," everyone turned around to see Kayla standing at the edge of the clearing.

"I thought you said she'd sleep longer," Uli said to me in a harsh whisper.

"She always used to, I don't know why she'd just start taking shorter naps now."

"A lot has changed since you last saw me, Sterling. Now tell me," she looked at all of us slowly," All for pieces for what?"

Thalia looked at me for a second before realizing that I wasn't replying. She stepped closer to the oldest of all us oracles and the most dangerous. Thalia eyed her carefully before saying slowly-

"All the pieces for the end of all supernatural kind."