XXV

Nova,

Last night, I told you I loved you.

In my whole life I'll never regret that night. I'll only regret 2 things-

1. I don't get to be with the one I love

2. The other one I love isn't happy

I'm sorry to say this, but I don't want you to be happy. Well, I do, but I want you to be happy with me. I think you'll get what I'm trying to say. I still love you.

-Your Mate

I stared in awe at the note he left on top of a blouse that I'd been missing for months. It smelled like him.

Everything does, Nova. He touched just about everything in here last night.

I looked around and grimaced, I have to agree with her. I'm honestly surprised that no one came in to check on me, the lamp on my end table is knocked over, one curtain pulled off the rod, rod just barely hanging on, my headboard is actually cracked in the corner. It almost looks like he tried to pick up a little bit but gave up and just left. Standing up, I began to pick up a few of the things around the room before getting dressed.

That's when an awful realization hit me, I stopped dressing and looked at myself in the mirror, I was in a bra and jeans but I hadn't put a shirt on yet. My bare stomach was wide, pale and flat. It was almost impossible to believe that there was a pup growing inside it.

Our pup. Ours and mates, my wolf cooed.

Shut up, I replied before adding out loud," This is bad, we have to do something. Quick."

I won't loose it.

____

"And you let him?!"

"And I let him." Hell, I even helped him, I added in my head.

"Nova! Do you have any idea what you've done? If you're pregnant then we only have so long before the disease takes over," Holly paused her pacing and turned to me," How long?"

I scanned my vision in my mind. I wasn't newly pregnant, but I also wasn't heavy pregnant.

"I don't know, maybe second trimester?"

"Then we have a few months. Come on," she took up my hand and pulled me to my feet.

"Where are we going?"

"To Faye, she'll know what to do."

____

"And you let him?!"

"Do we have to do this again?"

"Apparently so," Faye said, crossing her arms as she took an annoyed stance in front of me," Because no one is going to believe you're that stupid and selfish."

"I'm sorry, okay! I don't know what else to say. He's my mate, whether he ends the world or not. He will always have this power over me."

"Yeah, well, always might not be so long anymore thanks to you."

My wolf was starting to take over. I could feel it, her power pressing against my skin as she fought for control. A growl vibrated through out my body and Faye's face filled with fear. I stood up and walked over to her, my hand taking her throat tightly in it's grip. A small part of me whimpered and wanted to stop but something bigger was taking hold now.

"Never speak to me that way again, witch," a voice that wasn't mine came from my throat.

"N-Nova," she stuttered out as she clawed at my hand.

"Nova," Holly said, walking up to me slowly," You've made your point, let Faye go."

"You should be on my side," I growled at her," You should want the world rid of her as much as I do. More so considering what their people did to you."

"We've long forgiven her of that. It wasn't her fault."

"I haven't."

I have, I whispered somewhere in me, let her go.

Out of no where, the voice or what ever it was let go of me. A deep breath of air rushed into my throat as I released Faye's. She stumbled backward and put her hands over her neck while she coughed violently.

"F-Faye, I'm sorry. I don't know what-"

"Don't be," she got out between coughs," I deserved it."

"No, no Faye don't-"

"I always will," she turned to Holly and added on the verge of tears," I'm sorry," before running back into her house. A house filled to the brim with plagued children.

Both my sister and I fell silent for a very, very long moment as we stood outside the house in the melting snow from the other day. Holly turned to me, eyes closed.

"What was that, No?"

"I don't know," my hand went to my stomach. Holly didn't miss it.

"You don't think it was-"

"No," I said quickly," No. The pup isn't even a day old, it can't have a voice or strength enough to take over my body yet, it can't even have it's own opinions yet."

"Then I want to know what the hell that was if it wasn't the pup because it wasn't your wolf, Nova, I've seen you wolf out and that wasn't it."

"I-I don't know what it was, but it wasn't him."

"Him?"

I snapped my head up to her and away from my stomach. Had I said "him"?

"Sorry, it. I meant it."

"Mhm."

"Let's go back to the pack house, I don't want to catch a cold of all things."

"Yeah, let's go."

Holly got back in the car and I went around to my door, my hand found it's way back to my stomach and I glanced up at the trees. Sure enough, I caught a glimpse of a grey shirt and dirty blue jeans disappearing behind the branches.

He heard everything.

No, he saw everything, I replied as I climbed into the car.

Then he must know about the pup.

And he must have seen the entire possession thing.

What will we do?

I don't know. He'll want to talk though, he'll be back.

You're right. You were right, you know.

About what?

It is a boy.