PART ONE: Chapter 19: Killer

"No! Rose... Go! I can't-" I ran away screaming at her, and she quickly caught up due to my hurt leg.

"Briar, Shush." She whispered as she clamped her hand over my mouth.

I knew no one was around to hear me, and knew something was wrong. I wanted to turn around and hug Rose, as a sister-ly instinct, but I knew something was off.

I struggled against her hold, and she stood still for a moment, seeming to decide to drag me back to the dead guards that lay around a door. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on anything other than the blood that surrounded me in large puddles.

I then realized that Rose had put blood all over my face while trying to keep me quiet. Her bloody hand was still on my face and my eyes got wide, and I tried to get away from her, yet again failing. I panicked, struggling against her even more than before. She opened the door quickly, loosening her grip on me.

I fought against her, breathing blood into my nose. It burned and my eyes watered but I showed no other signs of weakness. Somehow I knew Rose wasn't here to help me. I knew she wasn't here to do what Brady had sent her to do.

  I knew that the officials wouldn't be behind that door either somehow. Rose had turned on everybody, she had gone crazy. She was bent on revenge from me for some reason I didn't know.

Her hands loosened even more and I took my chance and freed myself from her, only making it a step out of the doorway before she retrieved me. She put her bloody hand back on my mouth even though I didn't scream, and then I realized why.

Brady had to be somewhere around here. He was the only one that would come to me for my screams, but where?

We were in what seemed to be a torture room, Riley was no where to be seen. Brady must have sent me to the wrong room... No. Brady wouldn't turn on me, he loved me.

I didn't see the room number, this had to be all Rose. The room was dimly lit and a spot light was on a chair in the middle of the room.

It looked like an electric chair, without the shocking part. It had tons of straps on it to hold someone down. I knew that someone would be me.

She dumped me into it, smiling devilishly. She put the cuffs connected to the chair on my hands and smiled. Rose waltzed to the front of the chair and stood with her hands on her hips.

She bent down after a moment and began clipping lots more straps and cuffs. I stayed still and didn't fight, I had no chance. She had put at least three separate straps on each off my legs, one across my chest, and was now doing one on both of my arms.

"Why are you so afraid that I will get away?" I questioned.

She turned and smiled, replying, "You're slick Briar, I'll give you that."

She backed away, admiring her work and then began talking. This wasn't going to be good.

"I missed ya' sis. Where have you been, oh wait. Running from the police and your family." She wiped the grin away from her face and frowned.

She walked behind me, and turned my chair to face a smooth black wall. There was nothing there, until a bright light flashed and I could see into another room.

Riley was tied up in a chair exactly like mine. I screamed his name, and his head whipped about, searching for me. I saw his mouth move, saying my name, but I couldn't hear him.

Rose was now at a small control stand and she smiled, "Oops."

She clicked a button, and I could immediately hear Riley's voice calling for me. He couldn't see me. Rose pressed another button, and I heard a door open on the other side and a man walked into Riley's room.

He smiled at the wall, knowing I was on the other side.

He began to speak, "I figured death wasn't paid ful enough for you Briar," Riley looked around blindly, searching for where I was, "So I decide on torturing Riley... Well it was more of your sister's idea."

He smiled again and walked over to a small desk and picked up a large knife, walking to Riley.

I squeezed my eyes shut and shrieked as Rose laughed. Riley's scream pierced my ears and I began to cry.