PART ONE: Chapter 9: Doctor Moore

"Get all three of them to ER!" Someone yelled over me as I lay on a hospital bed.

I was half awake, I couldn't move my left arm or my right leg. Where was Brady? I didn't hear him in the voices of the people around me. I can't be here, they will find my name and I will be found. Rose! I heard her voice.

"Let me see her! Let me!" She was yelling at a doctor, I think.

"Rose, you need to get help for yourself. She'll be okay, she's strong." I heard Brady calm her and I tried to smile.

His voice calmed me, though I still couldn't open my eyes. It hurt so much. My arm. My leg. My whole body.

It hurt.

"We need her awake, someone get her up." A man called through the sound of clanking metal. The hospital bed had hit a door,the jolt hurt my leg badly.

I spoke even though I could barely keep conscious,"I- I'm awake."

"She said something... She said something." I heard a nervous woman say.

"Miss, what is your name? We can't do anything without your name." I didn't say anything.

"Not now... Stop the pain, help me." I mumbled, this time unable to say anything after that.

I writhed in pain again and then couldn't move. I felt a needle go into my arm.

I passed out again.

************************************************************************************

"Briar?" Rose whispered, she was right next to my ear.

I was on my feet by a window, I heard people yelling in the background. How was I here? What happened?

"You told them who you were." Rose whispered again.

She was trying to coax me awake. That explains a lot. I told the doctors who I was.

"We have to go..." I stirred under Roses hands.

"There is a pond beneath this window, we have to hurry Briar." She began to push me towards the large open window.

"No- I don't want to jump." I stuttered, still tired.

I knew some how that we were high above ground, lots of floors up.

How were the officials not here yet? We've been standing here for a few minutes.

"Briar- Jump." Rose pushed me out of the window.

I looked down as I screamed, my limbs flailing around me. There was no pond, no water. Nothing, just death. Suddenly Rose was right next to me, falling.

She was falling faster than me even though we were about the same size, she was falling inhumanly fast.

She smiled and said, "Don't trust me Briar. Ever."

She fell even faster to the ground and I watched her die. The ground was coming up quickly.

It was here. Death was here.

************************************************************************************

I jolted from the hospital bed, screaming. My arm was in a cast, and my leg was suspended in the air with a cast on it from my knee to foot.

"Briar, stop. Shhhh..." Rose was right there, trying to comfort me.

"Brady! Brady!" I screamed his name.

I saw him run in, and then he was there right next to me, on the bed. I was crying, and Rose was on the other side if the room. Her arm was in a sling, and she had stitches through her eyebrow.

"Her- Get her away from me." I whispered into Brady's shoulder.

He looked at Rose, and then looked back at me, confused.

"Rose, go." He mumbled, my head still buried in his shoulder.

"But- I didn't do anything-" She whispered, obviously hurt.

"Go!" I screamed again.

This time she covered her mouth, and then her eyes narrowed. She left the room.

"Briar, she didn't do anything. What's wrong?" Brady whispered.

"She is going to try to kill me. She is going to try to kill me." I began crying again.

My dreams were never wrong about how people truly were. Never.