Chapter 8: A Nice Thing.

Kalel and I sat on the green lawn chairs sitting beside the pool. I laughed as I watched Ian chase Isabelle around the side of the pool. Isabelle had pink floaties on her arms and was dressed in a sleeping beauty swimsuit. She screamed as Ian wrapped his arms around her and jumped into the pool. They went under for only a second before emerging. Isabelle was giggling was Ian was still holding her. She doggy paddled over to the edge of the pool and carefully lifted herself out.

"Hey, Grace where are the cups?" Anthony asked as he popped his head out of the sliding door.

"Two cupboards to the left of the dishwasher." I said leaning my head back a little to look at him.

I turned back around and saw Ian also come out from the pool. His whole body was soaked with water. His hair looked cute when it was dripping with water. He raised an eyebrow when he noticed that I was looking a little longer than I should have.

I half smiled and quickly looked away. I could hear Kalel snickering.

I was thankful for Isabelle when she spoke up suddenly. "Mommy, I'm hungry." she said rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet.

"Oh-" I turned to Ian and Kalel. "Do you guys want pizza?"

"Yes!" Isabelle intervened.

We laughed and I nodded my head. Just then Anthony came out. "Oh by the way we're getting pizza." I said to Anthony.

"Sounds good!" he said sipping some water out of a plastic cup.

I went inside to order the pizza. "Yeah, hi." I said when the worker on the other like picked up the phone. I turned around so I could see outside to the others. Kalel made room for Anthony to sit next to her and Ian was down on one knee talking to Isabelle.

"I would like to order a large. Half cheese and half pepperoni." I said. Ian picked her up and spun her around.

'He would be such a good father.' I thought to myself.

"Delivery please." I said after the worker said a few more things. I turned back around and Leaned forward on the counter leaving my left forearm and right elbow to prop me up.

I gave him my address and then hung up. I set my phone down and lightly sighed. I turned around and was alarmed when Ian and Isabelle were standing right there.

"BOO!" They screamed at the same time.

I jumped a little and a smile spread across my face.

"Scared you, mom!" Isabelle said as I picked her up.

"You sure did, you little stinker." I said poking her nose.

I could feel Ian's eyes watching me and Isabelle talk.

I looked over and grinned, staring into Ian's gorgeous eyes.

I suddenly remembered some of the times Logan would come up to me and Isabelle while I was holding her. Logan would kiss me and she would make a disgusted sound. The way his lips felt on mine seemed as though it was perfect. But that was then.

I looked down and walked past Ian with Isabelle. "Pizza will be here soon!" I said walking back outside.

I set Isabelle down next to Anthony on a chair and she scooted closer to him. Ian came out a few seconds later and sat next to me on the outdoor couch.

The hot sun pounded down on all of us. I reached beside me to grab my iced tea. I looked back to see Anthony silently talking to Ian. Anthony made a gesture with his arm like he was telling Ian to put his arm around me. I was confused and set my tea down. I looked over at Ian who looked back at me acting like nothing happened. I shook it off and leaned back grabbing my phone beside me on the couch.