Chapter 2: Kalel

I quickly walked to my car with my briefcase in one hand and my blazer that I was wearing earlier.

I was worn out and just wanted to get home. I set the briefcase and blazer in the seat next to me and relaxed into my seat. I remember that I told the babysitter I'd be home at 9 and it was already 9:05.

I pulled out of my businesses parking lot and drove back to my house which was 15 minutes away.

I parked on my driveway not bothering to go into the garage.

I quickly went into my house.

"I'm so sorry I was late." I said closing the door.

"It's fine." the young, perky teenage girl said.

I smiled and went to go get my purse. "Here's 65." I said walking back out of my room.

"We agreed on 55, though." she said hesitating to take it.

"No, I was late and Isabelle really likes you, so..." I put the money in her hand. "Plus you were here for awhile. I should be paying you more."

She looked down at it and then back at me. "Thank you so much!"

I nodded my head. "Do you need a ride back to your house since it's dark out now?" I said walking with her to the door.

She put her shoes on. "No. It's not that far."

I forgot she was only a block away.

"Okay, well have a nice night." I said and waved to her as she walked down the steps.

She waved back "thanks again!"

I went into Isabelle's room and found her sound asleep. Her purple blanket that her father gave her was wrapped around her. It was her favorite.

A smile spread across my face. I bent down and gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead before I walked back to my bedroom.

I changed into some black leggings and a random t-shirt. I got ready for bed and laid down.

It seemed that once my head hit the pillow I was out.

^^^

The next day I thankfully had off of work.

"Mommy!" I could hear Isabelle's small voice breaking through my dream.

I sat up and saw her at the end of the bed, awake as could be.

"Mommy, I'm hungry!" She said crawling closer.

I rubbed my eyes. "Okay okay." I said throwing my feet over the side of the bed.

She hopped off and ran into the kitchen.

I stumbled out over to the kitchen and found Isabelle standing on a chair attempting to get on the counter.

"Slow down there, missy." I said grabbing her and setting her down on the floor.

"Captain crunch?" I asked taking taking the box.

She nodded her head and I set it on the counter. I grabbed the milk and set them both on the table. She sat at the table. I set the spoon and bowl down in front of her.

"When do I get to see daddy?' she asked as I poured the cereal.

"Tomorrow.' I replied now pouring the milk.

I took a granola bar from the cupboard and opened it.

"We need to brush your hair." I said running my fingers through her tangled blonde hair.

"No!" she said loudly with cereal in her mouth.

I laughed. "I know you hate it but it has to be done." I said sitting at the table with her.

She pouted a little before continuing to eat.

After she was done eating she sprinted off to watch tv.

I put the other things Away and put the bowl and spoon in the sink, rinsing it out.

At 3 I got Isabelle ready for her to go see her grandma.

She offered to watch Isabelle for me because she doesn't see her very often. It was Logan's mom but she was always like a mother to me as well, so we would still talk regularly.

"Grandma!" Isabelle screamed as I let her out of the car.

I chuckled and watched her run up to her grandmother.

"Hi sweetie." she said opening her arms for a big hug.

I walked up and crossed my arms, watching them hug.

"Thanks again for taking her." I said coming up to the top step.

"No problem. I always appreciate my time with her." She replied.

I smiled. "Be good, you hear me?" I said kissing her forehead.

"Okay." she replied resting her head on her shoulder.

"Bye!" I waved at them.

I got back in the car and decided to run an errand to target.

Once i got there I first went into the make up aisle to get mascara. As I was searching for the right brand I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Grace?" they said.

I turned my head and saw an old friend, Kalel.

We met a few years ago through her cousin. We had talked often and she was alway willing to help with Isabelle and whatever else I would have needed. But after some time we drifted apart.

"Hey." I smiled at her, standing up straight.

She gave me a hug. "It's been too long!"

I laughed. "Yeah, definitely."

"How have you been?" she asked stepping back. "How's Isabelle and Logan?"

My smile faded. "Well um, Logan and I got divorced about a year ago." I said.

"Oh." her face fell. "I'm so sorry!"

"No, it's okay. It wasn't anything serious. It just wasn't working, you know?"

She nodded her head. "Isabelle?" she asked.

"Good good!" I replied. "She's still the same energy filled ,blonde little girl." I laughed.

Kalel grinned sweetly. "Aww that's great! Well, I have to run. But if you give me your number, we can plan to hang and catch up soon!"

"Sounds good." I said getting my phone out from my hoodie pocket.

She entered her number and returned the phone to me.

"I'll text you so you have my number." She said walking away.

We waved goodbye and she turned the aisle corner.

I continued to get what I needed and then left the store half an hour later.

-------------
HEY GUYS THANKS FOR READING!

VOTE

TELL ALL YO FRIENDS.

THANKS XOXO