Chapter 6: Good to Laugh.

"Hey Ian!" I said hugging him.

"Hey." he smiled back, returning the hug.

"Sorry I'm a little late. I was at my...ex's house." I said hesitantly.

"Oh. No, it's fine." he said pulling out the chair for me to sit in.

"Thanks." I said scooting forward. "But yeah, I had to drop Isabelle off and then it sort of took awhile to get back on this side of town.' I said looking down at the menu.

"Oh, I see." he said nodding his head.

I looked up and smiled. "How have you been?"

"Pretty good. I didn't do much today so..." He said trailing off.

I browsed through the menu while we discussed small talk. The waiter came and took our orders, bringing them back about 15 minutes later.

^^

"Do you want to do something else tonight?" Ian asked standing up.

I also stood up. "Uhm...I don't know. Anything you wanted to do?"

"Actually..." He said smirking.

I laughed. "Uh-oh. What?"

He grinned. "It's nothing I just wanted to go to the party store."

I gave him a confused look. "The party store?" We walked through the front doors waving goodbye to the hostess. "What's there?"

"Costumes, wigs, a bunch of other wonderful treasures." he said.

I laughed lightly. "What would you do with that?"

Ian rolled his eyes. "You don't know much about me and Anthony's videos do you?"

I looked down and shrugged. "Guess not."

He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled my closer. "Well you're about to be scarred." he said motioning his hand like he was presented something in front of us.

I pulled away and smiled at him. "Should I be scared?"

He opened the door for me and I sat down. He skidded over to his side and quickly got in. "Ehh..." He said shifting his hand from side to side.

I shook my head and laughed. It felt good to loosen up for a change. Being stiff and serious had become such a habit for me. Since I was always either stressed with work, stressed with making sure Isabelle was fully cared for, and stressed with Logan I never had time to goof around. Ian made me laugh like I haven't laughed before. It was nice to finally have a friend like him.

Sorry this was short...:/ but next chapter will be pretty good 😁...kinda...I think. IDK WE'LL SEE!

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK GUYS!! thanks for all the positive feedback I've gotten this far! 😘

Xoxo