Chapter Seven ( End )

Haechan's POV

I opened my locker, it's been days since Ae Ri was dead. There was a blue box, and I took it to the class. Blue was my favourite colour, and only Ae Ri knew about it.

Perhaps..?  I decided to open it later, and walked to Jaemin and Jeno. They've been comforting me these days. I'm grateful to have them as my best friend.

" Class dismissed, the teacher got something urgent coming up. "  Our class monitor informed. I quickly opened the blue box, which made Jeno and Jaemin went to my side.

There were bunches of polaroids, pictures of me and Ae Ri. So she's the one who gave me this box. Polaroids, paper cranes, a book and a letter. " You should look at the book first " Jaemin suggested, so I did.

I went through every page, and in every page, there's something written on it. I read the last page, and I started to cry.

20th August,
Sunday.

Dear Diary,

I was very happy that I get to date with Haechan. Today is my 10th day. I spent my day very wisely. Haechan and I ate some pizza , pepperoni and chicken. We also went to the beach. I couldn't explain how happy I was, playing with him on the beach. Splashing waters, running, and getting wet. I'll miss that. We also when to Namsan, which will be my very first and last visit to Namsan. We brought some locks, and I wrote ' I hope Haechan will always be happy ' . I saw what Haechan wrote and I was very happy. I decided to be happy, not to cry. I just wanted Haechan to be happy. I didn't want him to be as pathetic as me. I will always love Haechan. 

Sincerely,
Haechan's angel

Jeno patted my back, as I sobbed continuously. I picked up the polaroids, which I need to say, so many. Probably more than 150 polaroids. The pictures of our first date, until our last date. Each polaroid has something written on the back, and I patiently read one by one.

That's why she always brought her polaroid with her. I thought she brought it because she likes photography, but there's another reason to it.

I took the letter, which is blue in colour. Everything was blue. Everything is in my favourite colour. The letter, the colour of the words on the polaroids and the book. The paper cranes were in various types of colours.

I slowly unfold the letter, and I started reading.

Dear Haechan,

This is Ae Ri who's writing. I am probably dead when you're reading this. I'm so sorry for lying to you. Actually, I had a cancer stage 4. The 30 days we spent together , I'm very grateful. I'm very happy. I hope you feel the same. I tried to hold back my tears, so I don't spill the beans. I just wanted you to be happy. You wouldn't be happy if I told you earlier, right? I don't want you to see me as a weak person, that's why I didn't told you. Haechan, thank you for waiting me after school, for buying me things, for spending your time with me, for being by my side 24/7 , for talking to me through the window every night, for worrying about me, for calling and texting me, thank you. And thank you for being the most amazing boyfriend. I was very grateful to have you as my another half. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. But now, I'll protect you from up here. My angel, please smile for me. Please don't cry. Please be strong when you're having a tough time. Keeping my cancer a secret wasn't that easy. I always wanted to tell you the truth, but I wanted to see you smile. Thank you for bringing me to Namsan. At least I got to visit Namsan, even thought it's my very first and my very last visit. You are the most precious person I ever had, along with my parents. I wish I can stay by your side longer, but God already called me. I'm sorry for not telling you the truth. Guiltiness will always be with me. Please forgive me. You'll always be in my heart. You'll always be mine. Find someone like me, and you'll be fine. Please don't skip meals, don't skip classes, and don't commit suicide. You know I hate those things. It hurts me when I first knew about my health. I was very worried. I am very worried about you. Many thoughts went through my head. Haechan oppa, please don't forget me. I love you. I will always love you.

Your angel,
Ae Ri 

" She hides it just to see me happy " I mumbled.

Ae Ri, my angel. You will always be in my heart. I will always be happy for you. I will never forget you.

I love you, I will always love you.