I Know I'm Bad | As The World Falls Down

Sweet mother of God...

         My eyes were fooling me... they must be. Lies! This can’t be really happening... ever!

         I was numb; my whole body was. All I could take account of was the frosty sweat trickling down from my temple... stone cold product of my excruciating intake of what was before me.

         One... two... five. Five photos of me with my boyfriend... with my real boyfriend. Downright heartbreaking... dull... embarrassing... discomforting. My tongue was frozen stuck between my gritted teeth as I stared at the big bold words written above the pictures.

         Louise Allen, class president of the senior class, living with English literature teacher, Damon Clyde.

         “No wonder she get A’s, she receives special tutoring!”

         “That is an awesome detention.”

         “I’d tap that too for an A!”

         “I didn’t think she’s that kind of girl... Don’t judge the book by its cover.”

         And the worse?

         “Mr. Clyde and Adam? She’s such a slut.” There was a huge emphasis on and.

         The first question was, had Mr. Clyde seen this? And the last and the only question with the most rowdy aptitude... was who. Who in the hell posted these?

         And I had one bright idea.

         “Don’t remove them!” one said. “It looks really cute!”

         “Don’t be such a buzz kill!” another said. “It’s a total knock off!”

         I ran… hard and fast. There were no tears… at least none yet. However the resilient forces in my steps were like huge rocks being thrown off of my body. They were numb; dead from the knees down to the feet. I had no idea where to find him; I just followed my feet and ran with anger, rage, resentment, fury, and despite fuelling my legs. I have to find him.