Chapter 20 - He won, once again

Chapter 20

Zayn's POV

"Whoop now that was fun!" Niall shouts excitedly and everyone nods. We just finished an intense one hour go-karting session. I don't want to brag, but it mainly consisted of me kicking everyone else's butts.

"Let's grab something to eat," Harry commands as we climb into the black Volkswagen that management lent us.

Everyone agrees and Liam drives to the nearest Nandos; Niall's request of course. We all walk in and I immediately regret coming here in the first place. On cue, all eyes are on us and it's only a matter of time before...

"Oh em gee! It's One Direction!" A blonde girl squeals and the high pitched sound deafens me.

"AHHHH!" Another girl screams at the top of her lungs. Is it too late to run?

Before we know it, all four of us are bombarded with crazy fans asking for autographs and pictures. Being the professionals we are, we try our best to be as accommodating as possible, posing for hundreds of pictures and signing whatever they ask for.

Soon enough, the paparazzi have turned up outside of Nandos, their cameras flashing through the glass at top speed. I smile apologetically at a confused family, sitting in a booth trying to have a peaceful lunch.

"Hi Zayn! Can I get a photo?" A brunette girl who looks to be around 18 approaches me. I smile kindly and nod. Her friend snaps a picture of us. Just as I'm about to move onto the next fan, she talks to me again.

"Can we take a photo where you're kissing my cheek?" she asks shyly and my eyes widen. It's so uncomfortable when fans ask for this sort of thing. Sometimes they even ask us to pretend to propose to them.

I hesitantly accept her request and we pose for another photo. Just as the camera is about to flash, the fan moves her head quickly to me. Before I can comprehend what she's doing, her lips are on mine and the photo has been taken. I jump back as fast as I can and glare at her. How could she set me up like that? I know she's a fan and all, but seriously? Hasn't she heard of personal boundaries!

"Thank you so much!" is all she says to me, before retrieving her camera and flipping through the photos. I am tempted to delete the photos but I stop myself because she would probably cry and tweet about how mean I am.

I greet a few more fans before our body guard, Paul, turns up and escorts us out. I am so thankful to have him to protect us and get us out of these situations.

"What were you guys thinking? You can't go to a commercial restaurant like Nandos without having a private room, let alone a bodyguard there! You lost those privileges when you got famous!" he scowls at us as he accompanies us to our car. I hadn't noticed the flock of fans that had gathered around the block in just ten minutes!

...

Gen's POV

Ever since Louis took a seat at the dining table directly opposite me, I have felt uncomfortable and squirmy. I can't concentrate on the project with him just sitting there eyeing me. Why is he even here?