Chapter 14 - Be with who?

Chapter 14

Zayn’s POV

I was really shocked at the way Harry acted towards Cathy. He usually knows better than to argue with her. When he went up to Cathy, the rest of us looked at each other in a way where we were like “oh great what’s he going to do now” kind of way.

“Fine! The relationship thing will be an exception. For now! So don’t think I will let you go free like this all the time. I have this job for a reason.” Cathy says.

“You’re lucky I don’t have the energy to do anything bad to you that I will regret,” Harry says leaving. He walks back to his seat and calls someone. I think it’s Sandra. Not long after that he begins talking.

“Hey darling,” Yep it’s Sandra. He pauses for a while before talking again.

“Yeah, no nothing happened. I’m just tired. Yeah, that girl Cathy that no one talks about is being a pain in the ass. But there is some good news. You want to hear it?” He waits for her reply. They really are cute.

“I saved Niall’s relationship. Perhaps also ours. Oh and Louis’?” The minute he said “Louis’”, I got pissed off! I know it seems like it is obvious that him and Gen are going to be together but it just frustrates me.

Seconds later I hear my phone ringing. Louis looks over at me like he is concerned that it is Gen or something.

I pick up without seeing the caller ID and answer.

“Hello?”

“Hey Zayn, remember what I said this morning. Rejection makes them want you more,” I look up and sure enough, Niall is on his phone. He is sitting further down the table and he smile when our eyes meet and hangs up. I mouth “Thanks man,” and give him a warm smile. It’s good to have someone there to support you.

We all leave the room and Harry is still fuming with anger. By the silence in the room, it’s obvious that no one wants to be the first to set him off again. It has been an hour and a half since the meeting started, and I’m already hungry despite it only being ten thirty.

The ride back to Sandra’s is long and silent. No one says a word to anyone and Liam’s eyes are fixed onto the road ahead. He nominated himself to drive as he didn’t want to spark an argument. I want to applaud Harry for his newly found bravery, but I know better than to speak to him right now. His eyes are closed and he is rubbing his temples slowly with his fingers; a thing he does when he’s frustrated or stressed.

Genevieve’s POV

“I don’t know…” I say to Sandra. We are both sitting on the kitchen table, stirring our coffees. We literally have no life when the boys aren’t around.

“Well, we have to decide on the outcome of this project! It’s due in like five days and we have barely started at all!” I cringe at the realisation and begin to panic. I really need to get a good grade in this project or my GPA will fall.