Nervous Confessions Chapter 4

• Dedicated to Molly's subconcious

This chapter is dedicated to my friend Molly who dreamed this whole thing. I changed it a bit and there will be more parts, but most of it is exactly how I imagined it would go from how she told it to me.

CHAPTER 4

John's POV

It's been a few weeks since the case I call "A Poison Mistake" (What can I say, it makes it sound much more interesting with a name like that). Just a couple days ago a young woman, about twenty-seven years old moved in across the street. I probably wouldn't have taken much notice, but Mrs. Hudson pointed it out and decided to invite her to tea. Today the girl's supposed to come over, but I'm planning to be out so as not to have to deal with her. Sometimes I feel like I'm the sociopath, and not Sherlock. I've been writing on my blog all morning while Sherlock lays there on the couch. I think that the girl should have gotten here by now, but I'm not sure. "Mrs. Hudson?" I call out. "Yes dear?" She answers. "When is that girl going to get here?" I ask. "She should be here already." Muses Mrs. Hudson. Hmm... I think. How strange. well technically it's not really all that strange. She's probably just late.

Sherlock's POV

I woke from my reverie when John started yelling. I had been staring at him for some time now and realized that if I kept it up he'd catch me at it and that would be really awkward. I looked up at the ceiling with my hands steepled at my chin in what John would refer to as my "thinking position". Well guess it is my thinking position because that is a position that helps me think. What was I thinking about? John of course! How could I tell him about my feelings? What would he say? Would he move out and leave me alone again? I would be lost without my blogger! I couldn't let that happen! I wouldn't tell him. But I have to tell him! I'll break if I don't! I guess I could ask Mrs. Hudson what to do, but she'd laugh at me. I guess I can deal with that. I'll figure it out when the time comes I guess.

John's POV

Half an hour later I realized that the girl still wasn't here. "Mrs. Hudson, maybe you should call her. She's really late maybe she forgot." I yell down. "That's a great idea John!" She calls up to me. "Yeah thanks." I mumble to myself. "John! She's not answering!" " Fine I'll go over and check to see if she's home." I say. I got up and grabbed my coat. As if he had just woken up Sherlock mumbles "Where are you going John?" " To that girl's flat who lives across the street, wanna come?" "Sure." He says. We head across the street and when we get to her house the door's locked and she doesn't answer when we knock. I'm about to leave when Sherlock says "Wait! The flat was broken into!" I look at him alarmed and say "We have to make sure she's alright!" "She's probably dead already." Says Sherlock, but he picks the lock and comes in with me anyways.