Nervous Confessions Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

Sherlock's POV

I woke up this morning feeling restless. I hadn't had a case yesterday and I didn't have any more nicotine patches. If I didn't get a case today who knew what would happen! I rolled out of bed just as my cell beeped. A text from Lestrade. Good, that meant I would have a case today. I checked it and sure enough it was from Lestrade. He said to come to Camden as quickly as I could that I'd like this one. John wasn't awake so I didn't know what to do. I knew he'd want to come, but I wasn't sure if he'd want me to wake him up. I got dressed and then went and stood outside of his room wishing I could wake him up just by standing there. After about a minute I knocked on his door. I heard him mumble something so I said "Wake up we have a case." He yelled at me to "Go away!" but I just rolled my eyes and said "If you're not ready in ten minutes I'm leaving without you." In about ten minutes he came out of his room yawning and looking all disheveled and adorable from his night's sleep. I smiled so he couldn't see and then grabbed my coat and scarf and walked out of the flat into the fresh morning London air.

John's POV

I woke up to Sherlock yelling at me to wake up. He said that he had a case and I knew I would regret not going, but I still told him to "Go away!" I could almost hear him rolling his eyes at me as he told me he would leave without me if I didn't come out in ten minutes. I got dressed in a warm jumper and then went to find Sherlock. As soon as he saw me he grabbed his coat and scarf and left. I grumbled and then grabbed a granola bar to eat on the way to wherever it was we were going. When I got outside Sherlock hailed a cab and we got in. "Where are we going?" I asked. "Camden." was the answer I got from an excited Sherlock. "This had better be good since I had to wake up at 6:00 in the morning." I grumbled at him. HE rolled his eyes and I smiled knowing that he knew that I looked forward to these things almost as much as he did. When we got to the crime site I could already tell that it would be an interesting case.

Sherlock's POV

The whole way to the crime scene I was restless. I couldn't wait to have something to do. We got out of the cab and I let John deal with paying the cabby. I rushed over to Lestrade and the body. As soon as I got there I recognized the body as a known murderer Lestrade had been trying to catch for quite a long time. Lestrade looked at me and said "It's the same as all the people he's killed. The only mark is a small cut on his foot. It looks like he dropped a knife on his foot." I wasn't really listening because I was busy looking at John. All of a sudden I realized that Lestrade was waiting for me to say something. God this was embarrassing! John you bloody bastard why do you have to be so adorable. Finally I took a good look at the man and realized that this was no ordinary cut.

Later at St. Bart's hospital

As I examined the cut I noticed that the cut had been poisoned. This was a very rare hard to find and hard to notice poison that had been used. The knife must have been coated in it. The cut was definitely an accident, so not suicide. There was an antidote, but he probably didn't carry it with him very often. He was one of those people that was overconfident and that led to his downfall. That was one of the easiest cases ever! He was the murderer so I didn't have to find the murderer and it wasn't suicide so there wasn't a reason that he had killed himself. Case solved, end of story. That was not very exciting. Time to go to Baker Street and be bored and think about my stupid feelings.