More than this

The sight of him had stunned me but the more shocking thing is that my klutziness had caused me to knock him backward. Somehow he still managed to stay standing but i stumbled forward into his arms. Zayn Malik had just caught me in his arm. Was this really happening? I had finally managed to stop staring into his amazing eyes and stand upright again.

"I'm so sorry hun," Zayn said in a quiet, awkward voice but what he said was filled with a compassionate tone that made my heart melt.

"No it's my fault," I said blushing.

"No I should have been watching where I was going. I'm just in a hurry, I have to go meet whomever is in the conference room with the lads," he explained.

"Oh that's me and my friend Jake in there. We are doing an interview with you guys quickly." I was blushing and trying to explain what happened to stumble out of my mouth in a sad little voice that I didn't want to say anything in but when I was around Zayn it just happened.

"So it's you and your friend or your boyfriend?" he questioned. The red set intensely into my cheeks now and I felt like the room was on fire.

"Just a friend," I said.

"That's good, if you're going to the washroom I will wait for you since we are headed the same place if you would like."

"I would love to, I promise I will be quick."

I hurried to the washroom and did what I needed to do. Then I picked up my phone and called my best friend Maya, I could always trust her. She gives the best advice and right now I needed some major advice as to what to do. Ring, ring and ring... No answer. After about 7 or 8 rings she finally picked up.

"MAYA I NEED YOUR HELP!" I screamed.

"What's wrong did meeting the guys go horrible?" she asked.

"No it went so well that Zayn is waiting on me right now, I need to know what to do," I felt my blood boiling with pressure.

"You have Zayn Malik of One Direction waiting on you and you called me? What is wrong with you?!" she sounded very angry since she would kill to be here.

"So I should go and get him them?"

"Why are you even asking me? Yes go get him and break out the charm! Hey if all goes well maybe you could introduce me to a friend…Harry," she coughed.

"Will do," I laughed. "Thanks for the advice, talk soon!"

The thought of Zayn Malik was standing outside of the women's washroom doors waiting for me was killing me. I had the biggest crush on him and he was waiting on me? This day was insane. I left the washroom to find that there was no one in sight down the long low lit hallway back to the conference room. I was upset that Zayn had not stayed but I had realized that he was busy and that it was okay. I set off down the hallway to meet Jake and the rest of the guys in the room once again to wrap up what we had came here to do.

"Whoa how did you get here? I didn't even hear you come out of there," Zayn had spoken from the end of the hall.

"What are you doing? I thought you left."

"No I was hiding trying to scare you when you came out but it didn't work as you are too sneaky for me," he said sadly.

"Well I would share my secrets but..."

"What do I have to do to get you to spill?" he cut me off.

"Well I mean I had to work pretty hard to perfect my skills so it has to be something special."

"How about dinner? Tomorrow? 7? Perfect!" I didn't get a chance to answer but even if I had my answer would have been yes.

"You do realize you don't even know my name," I pointed out.

"I can already tell its something beautiful, let me guess... Becca, Jenny, Kelly..."

"Rachel, Rachel Kena."

"What a beautiful name. I am Zayn, Zayn Malik."

"I know that silly," I laughed. He placed his hand on my chin and raised my head so I was not staring at his shoes anymore but into his eyes.

"So dinner tomorrow? But you have to tell me your ninja secrets," he teased.

"Dinner for my ninja secrets? Sounds fair!" I wanted to live in that moment forever.

"We have to go back to the confrence room you know," Zayn said.

"Yeah I know."

"So let's go."

He grabbed my hand right after he said this and we walked down the beige coloured hallway until we had reached the boys and Jake again. Zayn's hand had a tight grip on mine, loose enough that I could move but tight enough that I would not leave his side. Once we had reached the boys and Jake again, Zayn had led me to the side of the table he was signing autographs on and brought me a chair to sit down beside him.

"So I see you have met Zayn," Louis said eyeballing Zayn as if he had done something wrong.

"So I see you have met my lovely friend Rachel," Zayn smiled at me, making me melt.

"Friend?" Harry questioned.

"Yes my lovely lady friend Rachel. You lads might be seeing a lot more of her," he assured them.

Did Zayn Malik just tell his friends that they where going to see more of me? Implying that him and I will be together often? This day was insane! Best birthday I had ever had.

"Well I'm sure we would all be delighted to see more of your lovely face around here Rachel since most of the time I only have the lads to look at and they start to get a little dull every now and again," Niall told me. The room exploded with laughter.

"Time is up, we need to move you out so the next group can come in, sorry," the ticket guy had came in and announced.

"Okay just one second so we can wrap up what we are doing," Jake said.

Jake and I had said our goodbyes to all the boys except I saved saying goodbye to Zayn last. Finally I had walked up to him to say goodbye until tomorrow at our date.

"Goodbye Zayn," I was about to reach for a hug before I heard him say, "You're leaving? But we already cleared it with the management team that you could stay, please stay," he begged.

"Well I mean one hour cant hurt right?"

"No it can't, also you need to give me your phone number so that I know where to call tomorrow for our date before I pick you up."

So I stayed the rest of the hour while the boys did their thing. Hugs, autographs, hugs, autographs, again and again the process must have gotten boring after a while but the boys had a smile on their faces the whole time. After the meet and greet, Zayn and I exchanged numbers and he had told me he would call me at 6:00 to get directions to where I lived so he could pick me up. I had said my proper goodbyes this time to the boys before being led out by Zayn down another beige hallway that looks the same as the one I met Zayn down. Zayn had given me a hug and told me he would see me to tomorrow and how he couldn't wait. To be honest neither could I but I kept my cool. Zayn said goodbye one more time when he was walking back down the hallway to meet with the rest of One Direction and as I was being escorted out by some lovely bodyguards who where very nice to me. I was let out into a pack of screaming girls that didn't know anything but how to scream and decided to ask me thousands of questions after I left the doors. I was still in shock at what just happened though. Who wouldn't be shocked if they could honestly say,

I have a date with Zayn Malik tomorrow.