Chapter 33.

"Have you decided yet?" I asked, bouncing up and down slightly on the diving board. We were in the pool room at Luke's house for what seemed like the first time in forever, just for some fun. Luke had been really stressed out lately and it was my idea to come in here even though Luke hadn't jumped in yet.

"I'm working on it." Luke said quietly from where he was sitting at the edge of the pool. He tugged on the sleeves of his sweatshirt and pulling them over his hands. When I came over with my bathing suit Luke agreed and put his on as well, but he didn't take off the sweatshirt. Of course I knew why, I just didn't want to make a big deal about it right now.

"How long do you have?" I finally jumped in the water and swam over to Luke, who smiled softly as I swam up to him.

"A few more weeks." Luke shrugged. He reached down and moved a piece of hair out of my face, tucking it behind my ear.

"I would try to give you advice, but you already know what I'm going to say." I laughed. Luke had been back and forth about going to college for the past two weeks now, and I was trying to encourage him as much as I could. I knew that deep down Luke really wanted to go, no matter how much he denied it.

"I know babe, I know." Luke nodded. He gestured for me to come sit next to him, helping me up as I climbed up the side of the pool. He wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me into him and leaving a lingering kiss on my temple.

"Why are you holding me so close? I'm going to get you all wet." I giggled, trying to pull away from Luke. He kept his arms tightly lock around me, pressing my against his body.

"Because you're my girlfriend." Luke laughed, leaning in and kissing me on the cheek. "And I love you."

"Stop it." I whined, still attempting to squirm out of Luke's grasp.

"You stop it." Luke retorted. He stopped me from squirming around in his arms by quickly placing his lips on mine, shutting me up.

Luke loosened up his grip on me, giving me room to move around a little more as I turned and wrapped my arms around his neck. His lips sloppily worked against mine, leaving slow, lazy, kisses while I tangled my fingers in his hair. Luke's hands trailed down my sides until he got to my hips, and he then tugged my body closer to his. I ran my hand down from the back of Luke's neck to his chest to his thigh, where I finally let it rest while we continued to kiss.

"Stel," Luke muttered, but I ignored him. "Stel, babe."

"What is it?" I pouted, finally pulling away. He looked down at the pocket of his sweatshirt, a faint buzzing noise coming from it.

"My phone's ringing." Luke laughed, sending me an apologetic look before pulling the phone out and answering it. "Hello?"

I let myself lay back on the floor, my feet still dangling in the water. I covered my face with my hands as Luke kept talking on the phone to whoever it was that had called. I figured that it was his mom, she had left the house a few hours ago and told Luke that she would call later.

"Yeah, whatever's easier. I don't think I'll eat any, but if you want to pick one up then that's fine." Luke said, chewing at his lip ring. "They left a message on the house phone... We moved it to Sunday at four because I need to go in and meet with that lady from the school."

It was definitely his mom that he was talking to, there wasn't anyone else that Luke would want to sit and discuss all his meetings and appointments with. I had learned in the short time that I had known Luke's mom - or Liz, as she insisted I called her - is that she practically lived for meetings. She had a career that involved a lot of meetings herself, so I'm sure that she loved planning these things for Luke.