Chapter 8 - Who Is It?

Please don't be mad at me...

I tried my hardest to take his request into consideration.  But I missed him more than I was angry with him. 

I was somewhat in and out of my own thoughts as I was talking to Jimmy in the studio about the song.  "I spoke to Michael."

"Oh great?  When?" he asked perking up as I finally said something.

"A few days ago.  I told him I thought it was best we wrote our own material."

His chair swiveled from side to side as he began thinking.  "Well..."  His left shoulder lifted and fell with a sigh.

"I know you really like the song but I can't see myself covering it."

"I know you do mostly rock but that's not the feel I'm looking for.  And I know you're versatile.  You toured with Michael."

I smirked as an image of us on stage flashed in my mind.  "I'm not looking to do a rock song.  Just not a song that's already been done."

"Okay, well maybe we can-" His sentence was cut short by a knock at the door.

Both of our eyes shifted towards the two men entering the room.

As if I never seen Michael before, my heart dropped down deep inside of me as his eyes were already glued to mine.  "Hi," he said to me.

"Hi," I said smiling back to him.

After just a few more seconds of private staring, he looked over to Jimmy.  "Jimmy?"  He walked over to him to shake his hand.

"Michael?"  Jimmy stood up from his chair, delighted to see Michael.  "How are you?  I thought you'd be halfway to Africa by now."

"Oh, we're leaving for the airport after this.  I just wanted to check in."  Michael slowly began making his way behind my chair. 

"Shakira has informed me that you two will be making your own song?"

"Oh yes.  But don't worry.  I'll make sure it meets your standards." 

As he stood behind me, I felt the hairs on the back of my neck raise. That's when I remembered the mark José left me the day before.  I quickly threw my blonde curls over to cover the right side of my neck.

"I'm sure you two will do a great job."

For a few more minutes, it was just the four of us in the room talking, but then Jimmy had to step out to take a phone call and Michael then asked his man to leave us alone for a moment.

I wasn't sure at first what his motive was.  So I just stayed put in my seat and continued to sweetly smile at him.  "What's up?"

Smiling and not taking his eyes off mine, he sat down in Jimmy's chair and wheeled forward until our knees were touching.  His arm extended towards me and he placed his warm hand on the back of my neck, sending chills down my spine.  Slightly lifting his bottom of the chair, he was able to bring his lips to mine to engage me in a passionate kiss that whispered I missed you.

As we telepathically spoke through our kiss, I leaned forward in my chair and met him halfway.   We both sat at the edge of our seats to get as much of each other as we could.  The biggest smile spread across my face as we stopped to take a breath.  "What are you doing?" I whispered.

Ignoring me, he continued to kiss me.  But once I felt his hand slide to the side of my neck, I kind of froze.  "What?" he asked smirking and kissing my chin.

"Nothing."  I slid back in seat, forcing his hands off of me as our distance grew.

His hands slapped down on his knees.  "Maybe I want to be selfish."