Epilogue: The Happily Ever After

My Baby, My Love, Mi Apuesto Esposo,

I'm sorry I'm not waking up next to you on our special day and you're getting this stupid email instead. And by time you read this in your morning, I'll be at soundcheck. The weather here in Spain has been awful. Makes me miss you more. Hate sleeping alone. I can't wait for you and the kids to come see me. TWO DAYS. I'm counting down the minutes. Paris is counting down the seconds and Cobija is calling me on Facetime every moment he gets. Meanwhile, I can barely get Prince to reply to my texts. Teenagers. 

I'm starting to think this is my "This Is It" tour. I honestly still believe you'll end up back on stage at some point. Maybe a Vegas residency? That makes me giggle. But as much as I love performing, I don't know if I wanna keep going like this. Though it doesn't feel like 50 is around the corner, I surely can feel that I'm not in my 20s anymore, you know? It's time to take a break. I've been nonstop and I hear you now. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for how dismissive I can be and for the times I've disappointed you. Our family has always been my #1 and I hate to think any of you feel otherwise. You all are my life. I'm staying home for a long while after the last show. We need to create more moments. We have so many, so much good to hold onto, but I want more.

Can you believe it's been 25 years? I still remember that moment first meeting you. "Hi. I'm Shakira Isabel Garcia Restrepo." I was so embarrassed when everyone laughed and you came back with "and I'm Michael Joseph Jackson."

I love you so much, baby. Happy 20th Wedding Anniversary.

See you soon.

El Fin