twenty seven. battlefield ✔️

After countless of sighs and awkward clearing of throats, they finally arrived at their destination. Faye was happy that she they finally arrived considering that she's sitting beside the body of Jackson Whittemore who kept on moving and letting out monstrous noises. It was a good thing that Isaac joined her while Scott sat at the passenger seat.

When Chris Argent stopped his vehicle, all of them got out immediately. "Hey, I think he stopped moving." Isaac told the others once he took note of Jackson's unmoving body.

Faye didn't know if they should be relieved or scared. She didn't exactly know if the sign of Jackson not moving at all is a good or bad thing.

Chris looked around the place, eyes squinting as he tried to find someone. "Where's Derek?" This caused the werewolves to scan the area, trying to find the missing Hale.

Scott looked around and let out a silent scoff at the sight of Derek, on his hands and feet, running towards them. Faye rose an eyebrow at the sight of the Alpha but an amused look settled on her face. It was like Derek in fully werewolf form but it wasn't. The Aderes finally rolled her eyes when the Alpha did a perfect flip before landing perfectly in front of them, showing off his red eyes. "Show off." Faye mumbled.

Derek ignored her comment, standing up and letting his eyes fall on Chris Argent. "I'm here for Jackson, not you." The hunter said immediately, defending himself.

Derek's eyes returned back to normal as he spoke up, "Somehow, I don't find that very comforting." He told Chris before flickering his eyes over to Scott and Isaac, "Get him inside."

♚ ♚ ♚

Once they were finally inside the empty warehouse, they placed Jackson's body on the ground.

"Wow, this looks creepy." Faye commented after scanning the area.

Everyone ignored her comment, "Where are they?" Scott asked, taking note of the missing two persons that needs to be here at the moment.

Derek looked confused at the question thrown at him, "Who?"

Scott cocked his head to the side, "Peter and Lydia." He stated the obvious but the Hale ignored his reply as he approached Jackson and zipped it open. "Whoa, hold on a second. You said you knew how to save him." Scott stared at him in bewilderment.

Derek shakes his head as those words came out of Scott's mouth. "We're past that." He dismissed the previous idea.

His bluntness about the whole situation surprised the Aderes as she held her hands up defensively above her, "Wait, what?"

Scott rose his eyebrows, rolling his lower lip between his teeth as frustration took over him. "What about–"

Derek looked at Scott, a blank expression on his face as he tried to think of things to say to the Beta to hopefully dimish the thought of saving his friend. "Think about it, Scott. Gerard controls him now. He's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog. And he set all of this in motion so that Jackson could get even bigger and more powerful."

Faye disagreed with the idea of possibly hurting Jackson even though she's not in better terms with him. "That doesn't give you the right to disregard the idea of saving him." She said angrily.