Folkin' Around (Chapter 3)

"Is that alright Tiffany?," Linda asked looking concerned.

There was a long pause before I answered. I was pondering about this situation. What were the Urie's like? Will Brendon and I get along? Is Linda still going to send me to a therapist? What if I just want to stay somewhere on my own. I'm gonna be 18 years of age in two years. That's a short amount of time if you really think about it.

"Yeah," I continued to think...

I'm a smart girl- I can take care of myself. Linda should also take into thought that I'm still not in the right stage to be with another family. I just lost my mom. I can't just simply stay at some strange place and act like I've lived there all my  life.

"Woa, wait!" Brendon turned around quickly to face his parents. "That Tiffany is gonna be staying with us?"

"Yes. Is there a problem with that?" his mom asked sternly.

"No no no! Of course not. I was just- I just wanted- I was just curious," he stuttered.

I hadn't even packed my things yet. Linda was supposed to pick me up this evening, well now, to go fetch my things. 

"Okay well, we'll see you at the house later then," Brendon's mom, Carol, said. She was grinning like she was speaking to a child. Her tone gave off the impression that she was speaking to a small child. What am I 11?

Well, that explains that then. I suppose I'm going over to my house to pick up my things first.

Lovely.

"See you later, Tiffany!" Brendon waved to me as his dad, Mike did. Politely I waved back. The only difference was I didn't bother to crack a smile.

"Okay, so let's get ready now so we can get on over to the house, k?" Linda was ever so kind. I think I'd prefer to stay with Linda, I thought. She seems to be the type of person to be busy the entire day. I wouldn't have to have much contact with her. 

The Urie's on the other hand were gonna be a handful, I suppose. I hope that they're not that cheery type of family that is picture-perfect. The thought of that is overwhelming.

"Right," I replied to Linda.

I grabbed my clothes and waited for Linda to step outside so I could change.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Linda and I arrived at the house and I felt a sudden chill creep up my spine. This has to be one of the most uncomfortable feelings I've experienced. Being in this house is overwhelming and I don't want to take another step. 

"Come along then," Linda was walking towards the stairs heading for my bedroom.

"I-I-I can't," I said hesitantly. This is too much for my mentality to handle. I feel like my heart is going to combust. I feel like I'm going to break down, right here, right now.

"I need some air," I ran outside heaving. Not from running the short distance but, just the thought of being in that house makes me insane.

A few minutes later I heard Linda's heals click on the living room floor. She was going to ask me if I was alright and what are we going to do now. 

I know it.

"Tiffany, what's the matter?" Linda asked with not a hint of sympathy in her voice but her words were heavy with sympathy.

"I'm uh I'm fine," I tried to exclaim without any suspicion. But considering my state of being, being non-suspicious is nearly impossible.

"Okay," she paused "do you want me to pack your things?" she asked hesitantly.