Chapter 13

A half an hour had passed but it felt like all night had gone by. I was sitting on the couch trying to move towards the arm of the couch as much as possible. But I should have known that the further I scooted over so did Aaron. No matter how many negative signals I had sent to him he was stubborn and persistant. And annoying.

Kim and Tammy went up to her room "just for a sec" to get the movies and change into their pj's. She didn't lend me any extra pj's but I won't be that uncomfortable sleeping in jeans.

There was a vibration in my front right pocket. Brendon texted me. All of a sudden I was nervous but excited.

Brendon: hey linda called

Wow. I bet Carol told him to tell me. I didn't know what to say besides okay thanks. And sure enough he didn't text back after that. I guess I'll call Linda in the morning.

"Who's that?" Aaron asked peeking over at my phone.

I shoved my phone in my pocket. "No one of your concern." I said.

He raised his hands "Woa okay I was just wondering is all."

"Mmhm." I mumbled.

Kim and Tammy came downstairs in short shorts, of course, and tank tops. I saw Kim was carrying a few movies. From what I saw, the movie on top had a gruesome cover. Great, a scary movie. Were out of town and the thought of that makes me scared.

Tammy went in the kitchen and after Kim put the movies down she followed. 

"Tffany! Could you come here for a sec?" Tammy called.

I gladly got up and went to the kitchen. Both of them were leaning on the counter by the stove smiling.

"I put some pj's in the bathroom if you wanted to go change into them." Kim said. "And then we're gonna bake some cookies and make popcorn." she was enthusiastic. As always.

"Okay" I said and walked towards the stairs.

Kims house smelled like coffee and roses. Combinated it smelled weird but not bad.

When I reached the bathroom I thought about Brendon more and more. Being here is a distraction and in a strange way I feel like I need this. A distraction.

I looked in the mirror and saw my reflection. As I studied my face I thought about movies when a damaged person sees someone else in the mirror. They don't see themselves. I feel like I see myself in a way that's hazed but not distant enough to worry me. I know who I want to be. Who I should be.

The pj's were folded. And of course there was a pair of shorts and a tank top. I think things will be best if I wore my hoodie as well.

When I went back down stairs Kim and her boyfriend were heading up stairs. To her room I'm guessing....

"Have fun" she said obliviously.

"Thanks" I mumbled.

Aaron was sitting in one recliner chair and Tammy in the other. The big couch was in the middle. I wasn't about to sit down though because I knew if I sat down Aaron would try and sit by me.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a soda. And not to my surprise Aaron was on the couch with a blanket on his lap. Happily I took a blanket from the closet at the end of the hall and sat in the recliner he was just sitting in.

Aaron put in the movie Insidious. Which made me feel scared already. That movie creeps me out so much. I remember after the first time I watched it I could not sleep by myself for at least a week.

"You okay with watchin' this?" Aaron asked holding up the case.

I nodded my head. If he thought we were going to end up cuddling because I'd get scared, he's wrong.