DNT: SHUFFLE CHALLENGE NUMÉRO DEUX!

MORE SHUFFLE CHALLENGE! >:D

Trophy Eyes - You Me At Six

I stared down at my phone, wondering whether or not to carry on with my plan. It wasn't something I did often, considering how quickly I normally acted.

Now if only I could demonstrate that... I slowly reached my hand out to my phone, but pulled it back when I was close to touching it.

"Dammit," I muttered, silently scolding myself for being such a coward.

Alright.

Three.

Two.

One.

I picked up the phone, and dialled the number I had seen so many times, before I could stop myself.

The usual dull tone filled my ear, almost making me pull the phone away from my face. It rang only a few times, before somebody answered.

Both of us stayed silent for a few seconds.

I took a deep yet silent breath.

"Lawliet."

He didn't answer immediately, instead letting the tension hang in the air.

"Rina."

It wasn't a question, it was a statement. He knew it was me, since I was the only one that knew his real name, and he was the only one who knew mine.

"For a second there, I thought you weren't going to answer," I said, relief clear in my voice.

I could almost hear him smile. "For a second there, I thought you were Kira."

"It's been a while."

"It has."

"I assume you're still in Japan? The Kantō region?"

"You assume correctly."

"Ah, good. I can see you." The black scruffy head of hair turned around slightly, no doubt looking for me. "What are you doing in a coffee shop?"

"The same thing you are," he answered simply.

"I always knew you were eccentric, but looking for yourself in a coffee shop will get you nowhere."

He chuckled. "Still the same girl I used to know."

"Arigatō gozaimasu," I said to a waitress, who had taken my empty coffee cup away.

"R, your Japanese is rusty. Was that a thank you? Sounded a little like a dying cat."

"I'll have you know my Japanese is perfectly fine," I grinned. "Kon-ban sushi-o tabemasu ka?"

Even from this far away I could still see his smile. "Yes, I'd love to have dinner with you later. But I'll substitute that sushi for cake."

Say You'll Haunt Me - Stone Sour

"Matt, give up," Mello said coldly. "I was being nice about it before, but now it's gone too far and I can't fucking deal with you any more."

Matt cringed under Mello's scolding gaze. "I didn't-"