DNT: One-Shot

Hi :3

Right now, I'm sat in the back seat of my car, going 70MPH on the M7. I get unusually hyper while driving at this speed (god knows why) and on top of that I've been given a Relentless energy drink. Honestly, while I'm like this I could type faster than we're driving.

Anyway, since there's nothing much to do, I'm gonna (attempt to) write a one-shot.

*rests for a few minutes while drinking Relentless*

*considers the possibility of giant killer unicorns*

*orders said unicorns to brutally murder Near*

___

Mello smirked and shook his head as he walked away from the truck under the bridge. Kiyomi Takada was going to attempt to murder him within the next minute or so, and she wouldn't succeed.

His plan was quite simple, really. His limited knowledge of computer hacking (taught to him by Matt) had allowed him to access the information he needed. All he needed to know was that Kiyomi Takada had been having secret meetings with Light Yagami. After that, it was all too simple to figure out what was going on.

Since they knew his real name, Mihael Keehl, they could kill him if they needed to. He, quite obviously, didn't want that to happen. Again, he used his limited knowledge of computer hacking to change his name to Miheal Kheel. Nobody would even notice. Well, apart from Takada. That was why he had to wear his helmet.

In fact, he was so pleased with his little plan that he didn't notice how dark it was, or the person coming up behind him. A pair of gloved hands covered his eyes. "Guess who?" the man asked.

Without even thinking about it, Mello swung his leg back, then grabbed the hands covering his face and twisted them around so the man was positioned in both a painful and disadvantaged way.

"Mello, it's me! Let go!" the man groaned.

Mello slowly released one of his hands to pull out his gun and press it to the guy's head. "Who the hell are you, and how do you know who I am?" he growled.

"I already said, it's me, Matt!"

"Matt's dead!" Mello yelled, cocking back his gun.

"I'm clearly not." He stopped struggling. "Mihael, let me go," he said calmly.

"M-matt?"

"Duh."

Mello pushed him into the light. It really was Matt. "Matt!" Mello ran over to the redhead and hugged him tightly. "God, you moron! You scared me!"

"What, because you thought I was dead, or because you thought I was going to kill you?" Matt asked, laughing.

"Shut the fuck up, we both know if you hadn't called me Mihael I would have killed you then anyway."

"Aw, c'mon. You know I wouldn't let myself get killed while you were still alive," Matt smiled.

"I know... neither would I."

"Well then you'd better live a while, 'cause I haven't completed the new Call of Duty yet."

Mello rolled his eyes. "Whatever. So how'd you survive?"

"Bulletproof vest. You?"

"Changed my name."

Matt grinned. "To Marsh-Mello?"

"If you change your name to Postbox, maybe I will." 'Postbox' had been a long-running inside joke between the two of them; Mello had laughed for quite a while when Matt revealed his real name.

"Is that a challenge?" Matt raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not changing my name to Marsh-Mello," he responded flatly.

"You're boring."

"No, I'm not."

Matt rolled hs eyes behind his goggles. He wouldn't lie, Mello wasn't boring at all. Especially when he was drunk, which Matt had unfortunately only been able to witness once. He added it to a mental list of things to do, which included finishing the new Call of Duty game and finding his left shoe.

"So d'you wanna get drunk for the special day?" Matt offered.

"What special day?"

"Seriously?" Matt asked, almost not believing it. "It's your birthday. Y'know... the date you were born."

"Is it the thirteenth already?"

"Yup. You've been nineteen for a whole day!"

"Oh, cool."

"You sound so excited you could burst," Matt said, resisting the urge to roll his eyes yet again.

"I'm a little happier about escaping death, but being nineteen is pretty good too," Mello explained, unknowingly waving his gun around in a dangerous manner.

"Could you put that thing away?" Matt asked, eyeing the gun nervously. "You look like you want to shoot me."

"Maybe I do," he smirked.

"No you don't, because I'm awesome and you love me."

"You just keep thinking that. So where are you taking the birthday boy?"

"I thought you said you didn't care about that much?" Matt ashed, raising an eyebrow.

"I said no such thing. Where are we going?"

"Well... I figured you wouldn't want to draw any attention to yourself, so I bought a bunch of stuff and took it back to my place." Matt shrugged.

"I hope by 'stuff', you mean alcohol."

"What else would it be?"

"I don't know... but I was just thinking about when you got me that PSP for my thirteenth birthday, then stole it from me."

"You didn't even like it that much," Matt defended.

"I didn't get the chance to try it!"

"Whatever."

Mello grinned. "I missed you."

Matt pressed the end of his cigarette to his jeans, then threw it to the concrete floor. "I missed you too."