Chapter 16 - Halloween Bash

I woke up, my vision extremely blurry. You know the feeling when some kind of bubble wrap was placed in front of a camera? Well, that’s what it feels like right now. I rubbed my eyes and opened them. I looked around and saw that I wasn’t in my completely neat room. I observed that it looked like a Bachelor’s pad. It had streaks of white and black splattered across the furniture and walls. I slowly stood up, blinking my eyes abnormally. I looked at my clothes and saw that I was in some kind of baggy t- shirt with ‘Heineken beer’ printed on it. I was still wearing my black jogging pants from last night. Curiosity driving my decisions, I looked around and I noticed a sticky note dangling from the bedside table.

Good Morning, sleepyhead. Thanks for last night.

-          James ☺♥

My head was throbbing and my brain is reminiscently trying to find answers on what could have happened. I closed my eyes and tried to remember all the things that happened. Not lasting a millisecond, I saw flashbacks of what happened.  I remembered the date, the event on the DVD store, and the movie. Wait, what did he mean by, ‘Thanks for last night’?! Oh god.  

I sat up, reality sinking into my brain. I looked around and recognized his bedroom almost perfectly. I looked up then looked down. What should I do now? There are only three options available for me to do right now.

Option A) Just stay here until someone sees me then lets me go home safely.

Option B) Be like a ninja and tiptoe my way out of the house.

Option C) Shiver in the corner like an idiot waiting for someone to help me.

It took minutes of logical thinking to finally come up with my decision and frankly, I went for Option B. You know, to make things less awkward. I carefully stood up from the bed and started tiptoeing towards the door. I twirled the doorknob in a very silent way that no one can hear. I was already headed for the stairs when I heard slight humming coming from downstairs. Footsteps were clearly hearable because of the glass staircase.

When I heard that, I quickly ran as fast as I can to the bedroom and closed it with a rush that probably made a strident sound. I rushed to the bed, and dropped myself to it with strapping force, which made pillows fall all over the floor. I was about to pull the covers and pretend to sleep when suddenly the door swung and I saw James eyeing the tray that was in his hands.

“Wakey, Wakey, Eggs and…” He looked at me. “Oh.” He moved towards me and placed the tray on top of his studying table. “You’re awake.” He says, with this morning voice. Huh, why did I just say that? I examined the tray and realized that it was a tray full of food. I looked at him.

“Good morning.” He greets. I ruffled my hair with confusion.

“Uh,” I looked around with wide eyes while plucking the sticky note and showing it to him. “What is the meaning of this?!” I asked, re-looking all the things I saw awhile ago. He looked at me with mock hurt in his face.

“Wow, good morning to you too. “ He commented sarcastically. I looked at my clothes, now curious on how I got changed. 

“I said thank you for last night.” He replied. I glared at him wondering on why he won’t see what I see. I stood up crossing my arms.

“And what exactly do you mean by that?!” I said, almost freaking out. He genuinely composed himself and smiled. “I said thank you for the date.” He looked at the floor then picked up the note. “And I think I was the pervert,”

I frowned at his remark but also embarrassed on assuming. I looked at the tray and saw that it had perfect cooked pancakes, sunny side up eggs, and some bacon partnered with freshly squeezed Orange juice. My mouth started watering and I just had to gulp, the smell was just enticing. James noticed my unappealing reaction and started talking.