Chapter 6 - Our First Session

Hello Guys. This is an author's note. (If it isn't OBVIOUS) LOL. Well, I've been thinking lately, and now I'm doing GOALS!!! So, I'll update if I get at least a hundred views. xD I wish that wouldn't take a long time since a lot of people added this to their reading list. ♥ So, remember. EVERY READ,VOTE,COMMENT AND FAN COUNTS! :D ♥

***

Okay, I did exaggerate a little bit. He wasn’t really wearing a mustache. I was just being a complete suspense maker. I stood there as awkwardly as possible, my hands in my back, while playing with my fingers. The Principal’s room looked like a zoo.  It had animals everywhere, a mouse, a snake, a parrot, fishes, a dog, a cat…you name it.

“Err…Hi.” I muttered awkwardly, smelling the zoo-like office of the principal. The sun rays were directly shining on me, making my brown hair seem orange-ish.

“Hello Miss Hayden, Please have a seat.” Our principal, who I believe is called Ralph Summon, says as he sits down on his black, leather executive chair. I took a quick glance at James and he is still holding a bag of ice on top of his eye. Look at what you have done. My conscience muttered. Mr. Summon clasped his hands together and let his elbow hit the table, forming an “evil mastermind” position.

“So, you two are here due to the educational status of Mister Cooper, although we are not saying that he is not eligible enough to graduate senior year but…”

“Let’s just get to the point.” James bluntly interrupts as he viciously stares at the coffee cup of Mr. Summon. If he had brain powers, the glass cup could be in a million pieces now.

“Then what am I here for?” I said as I noticed an annoying mosquito flying on top of Mr. Summons’s head. I played with my hair because of boredom.

He took a deep breath and continued talking.

“As I was saying, James’ eligible status is not enough for him to pass the senior year. And I’m afraid he needs to work on his grades or else…”

“Or else what...?” James interrupted while he temporarily removed the ice bag from his left eye.

“Or else, you will repeat senior year.” He replied. James’ jaw dropped open. I forced myself not to smile but I smiled anyway. That’s what you get when you don’t study!

“And that’s the part where you come in, Miss Hayden. You are assigned to tutor him…”

“What?!” We both screamed in unison.

“It’s the only way; the whole Golden State High School is expecting you to take charge of Mr. James’ grade comeback, and well, James himself!”  After he finished his announcement I automatically dropped my hands on the table, it was so strong that almost the whole table shook. I noticed that James almost tumbled down from his chair.

“This can’t be! Can’t you just ask Melissa Reynolds? She’s more appropriate for this kind of job! She’s the smartest one on our grade and I think she has all the time in the world in tutoring James!” I protested, as I balled my fists.

“Yeah, Sir, I would like Melissa to tutor me! It would be of great convenience, if you know what I mean.” He says as he winks knowingly at Ralph. But his “winking action” failed because Ralph just grunted and started typing on his computer. Yes, Ralph. I lost respect for him.

“That’s exactly why we want Alice to be your tutor, you need to focus. Not just flirt with every girl you see.” Ha. He had a point there. Nice work, Ralph. Thank you. Wait, are you saying I look like a freaking guy? Wow, he just insulted me.