Chapter 7

Chapter 7
He Dreams Of Flying

Okay guys. It's late and I edited this inbetween playing Cards Against Humanity with some people I barely know on the internet. It was very fun. So, basically, don't get on me for mistakes I have to live my life XD. Enjoy~

Castiel ran out of his house, the sound of the horn reminding him that he was keeping Dean waiting.

He ran out the front door happily, the money in his pocket. He brought a little extra just in case Dean had brought Sammy, even though he highly doubted it. Dean tended to like their time alone to be their time alone. He straightened up a little as he walked up to the impala, wanting to look just a little bit taller. Dean had him by about three inches, but Castiel could make himself look tall when he wanted to.

He climbed in the passenger seat, leaning over to give Dean a kiss on the cheek. Instead of the usual chuckle, the contact was met with a pained hiss. Castiel pulled back with his head slightly cocking to the left in curiosity, eyes searching for an explanation. It didn't take very long to find it.
All along Dean's jaw were splotches of black, yellow, purple, and even blue. He let out a gasp as soon as he saw it, curiosity turning to guilt as he realized that he had touched the obviously tender area.

"I'm so sorry! What happened?" Castiel asked immediately. He was filled with concern for Dean; he didn't know what had happened, but it looked dangerous. Dean simply smiled though, and his eyes shone with a kind of pride that Castiel hadn't seen in them before.

"My dad punched me in the face." He chuckled, his grin stretching even wider. He lazily let his head fall over to look at Castiel, and the sun through the windshield shone on his face. Castiel thought that he'd never looked more like an angel, but the words alarmed him to no end. Dean's father, the one who killed or captured people for a living, had punched him in the face?

"What? Why would he-?" Castiel started to ask, but he lost his voice. Dean closed his eyes and sighed, turning his head back away from Castiel and leaning it back on the seat, relax evident on his features. He was obviously not concerned by this turn of events.

"Because I grew a pair of balls, that's why." Dean answered. Castiel stayed silent, waiting for Dean to elaborate. Dean eventually took the hint and he started up the car as he began to speak. "He tried to move us again, and I stood up for myself. He got angry and punched me in the face. Bobby was there and saw the whole thing. He said if he didn't want to let us stay with him that he could tell children services about this little episode and we'd be gone for good. My dad was cornered into it, and Bobby found an old house a little outside of town that we're moving into. We did it, Cas." He said, looking down. His eyes shone like he was fightingback tears, and Castiel felt a mixture of happiness and disbelief coming up inside him.

"I don't have to leave you now."

Dean had done that for him. Dean had taken a punch, stood up to his father, and did what was right, all for him. Castiel, for once in his life, didn't have to lose everything again. Dean was his and he was Dean's, and they were staying together now, no matter what.

He grabbed Dean's coat and pulled him in close, pressing their lips together heatedly. Dean froze for a moment, eyes widening before they slowly began to close, Castiel's lips sending waves of electricity trough him. He leaned towards his lover as Castiel's nimble fingers knotted in his hair, and he forgot everything that wasn't Castiel. He leaned over slowly, placing his hand on Cas's hip as the intensity of the kiss increased. He felt his side bump something, but he was too consumed with Cas's lips working against his to really care. That is, until they started moving backwards.

Dean jerked his body away from Cas, shock and panic filling him up. He slammed his foot on the break and they stopped rolling, the car jerking the slightest bit as they stopped. It took Dean a moment to realize that he had accidentally hit the handle to take the car out of park. Castiel came to this realization at the same time, an they both looked at each other's shocked and bewildered faces.