Chapter 4

Chapter 4
He Dreams Of Flying

Hey guys! Unfortunately I have lost my ipod, so there might not be an update next week, unless I'm somehow able to miraculously find it in the next few days... Sorry!

It was a Tuesday over a week later, and Castiel was leaning against his locker, patiently waiting for Dean to show up.

Dean had somehow convinced the person who had the locker next to Castiel's to trade with him, which put Castiel waiting on Dean to walk to class each morning. He wasn't sure why he had started, they had just sort of fallen into step beside each other one day, and Cas felt compelled to wait on him the next. He found that a lot of things with Dean just fell into place like they had always been a part of his life.

He had actually made a regular thing out of riding home with Dean, and now he could be seen four out of five days shot gun in the impala. Sometimes Dean took him straight home, and sometimes they just drove, enjoying the scenery and each other's company.

He scanned the hallways apprehensively, frowning when Dean wasn't anywhere in sight. He checked his watch and saw that it was almost time for class, and he groaned out loud.

"Come on." He muttered, tapping his foot impatiently. He was going to have to go ahead and go to class without Dean if he didn't show up soon.

"Hey, are you Castiel?" Came from behind, and he spun around. Brown, slightly wavy hair and some cute freckles were the first thing that he noticed, and then the intelligent chocolate-brown eyes that gazed apprehensively into his. They were about the same height, and he had a bit of a wiry build.

"Hello? Are you Castiel?" Was repeated, and Cas realized that he had been staring for far too long. He dropped his eyes to the ground and shuffled his feet awkwardly.

"Yeah, I'm him. Who are you?" He questioned, lifting his eyes again. The boy smiled as he took in Castiel, nodding his head as if he approved.
"Hi, I'm Sam Winchester. Dean told me to come and tell you that he was gonna be a little late, he had some errands to run." Sam said, and he sounded as if he was quoting the exact words from Dean's mouth. Then he turned a little more casual, his voice less practiced. "Cas, huh? Dean's drove me crazy talking about you. He said that you're really something."

Castiel blushed a bit, dropping eye contact. Dean had mentioned him to Sam, the little brother that he so adored? Well, he was flattered.

"Well your brother has told me a little bit about you too. He said that you're a practical genius, and you enjoy mythology?" Castiel inquired. He saw Sam's eyes light up at the mention, an he decided that he could be late for French class. He wanted to talk to Sam.

"I love mythology. I'm a big fan of Asian actually, but Greek and Roman are the classics and I have to respect that." He said happily. Cas noted that he had the same enthusiasm in his voice that Dean had when they were talking about something that interested him.

"I really like Egyptian, but Asian is fascinating too. How about the Jinn?" He asked. Sam's face slowly turned into a large and dopey smile as they started to discuss topics, and Castiel found himself losing track of the time. Although he was willing to be late, he didn't want to get yelled at by the teachers that often patrolled the hallways right after the bell to try and discourage cutting class.

He knew that he was in trouble when the minute bell rang.

"Crap, I have to go to French class!" He exclaimed, quickly opening his locker and retrieving his French textbook. Sam smiled and waved goodbye as he turned on his heel and started down the hallway.

"It was nice meeting you!" Sam exclaimed, watching Castiel as he walked. His class was just a couple of doors down, so he would be right on time.

"It was nice meeting you too!" Castiel shouted over his shoulder. He turned then, mentally cursing himself for taking so long to grab his book, he started actually running as the bell rang. Hopefully, he could still get there before attendance and nobody would yell at him for being out of class.