Chapter 3

Okay guys, I've decided to update early because I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow at the Wizard World convention!!! I'm going to be a crappily done redheads version of Fem! Dean Winchester, it's my first Cosplay so I'm excited. Just so you all know, the stuff I had going on at the time of the last chapter has severely died down; things are a LOT better than they were previously estimated to be. So yeah. I may be moving soon though... But honestly I'm up for it. It's been a year since last time we moved so we've not been here very long and other than a few close friends I'm honestly not very attached. But enough about that, time for the chapter!

I do NOT own Supernatural. I have no rights to Castiel and Dean. Please support Supernatural by going and watching an episode if you have not already. They can be found on Netflix or on the official CW web page.

Chapter 3
He Dreams Of Flying

It was Saturday morning, and Castiel lay in his bed in silence. He didn't want to get up, but he wanted to see Dean. He had been up almost all night last night pacing around, excited for today. He was tired, but still overall excited.

Over the past few days, Dean had managed to fall into Castiel's routine. He wasn't too pushy for information, he didn't force Cas to talk when he didn't want to, but they had a comfortable kind of familiarity that had developed naturally, and it was hard not to have fun when they were with each other. Castiel found himself looking forward to seeing Dean, despite his previous reluctance.

Dean didn't look like he was going anywhere anytime soon. Cas had originally thought that he'd get bored and go make friends with someone else, but it turned out that they actually had a little in common, so the conversation was always fresh and interesting. Castiel loved it when Dean would talk about mythology with him, it Was often the highlight of his day. Especially with how much Dean seemed to know. Cas was now intent on eventually meeting Sam, who apparently preferred to walk home from school rather than catch a ride in the impala. If Dean was this educated from just talking to him, he must be a literal genius about stuff like that.

Cas forced himself out of bed, emptying his backpack and only putting back in his science book and his library card.

As soon as he was done, he grabbed his towel and some clean underwear, heading to take a shower. Because he had extra time, he decided to preen his wings. After he got out, he went through his clothes, for once wearing a t-shirt and a vest, rather than a bulky sweater. After a moment of thought, he grabbed his blue tie and tightened it around his neck. Of course, he didn't know how to actually tie a tie, so it was a little off, but oh well.

After that, he fluffed up his hair, making it messy on purpose. He had no reason to fix it because it would just end up frazzled anyways, so he had no reason to try and make it look presentable. It's not like he cared what Dean thought.

Plus, he happened to know that Dean thought messy hair was cute.

He grabbed his trench coat and slung it on, grabbing his bag as he walked out the door. There was a pleasant breeze that carried to him as he started to briskly walk along on the sidewalk, enjoying the smell of grass and greenery as he did. It was still a little chilly at night, but the heat had gone up dramatically over the past few days, and flowers were starting to bloom everywhere. It made his walk very enjoyable, despite maybe being a little bit warm and multiple miles.

On the way there, he thought. The silence helped him to organize his feelings and shove them into neat little cabinets to be dealt with later. He closed his eyes and he was in a different place, a place that had snow on the ground so he didn't feel out of place wearing multiple layers.

Then, Dean was there. This had become the normal for his fantasies now; Dean had become part of what would make him happy. At first, when it was happening repeatedly, he was concerned. He was afraid that he would be letting Dean too close now, because he wanted him to be a part of his life. However, Castiel repressed the fear, convincing himself that it would all be fine. He buried it, because no matter what he said, he knew that he couldn't push Dean away again now, not unless something alarmingly dangerous happened. Dean was a part of his life now. Dean was his first real friend.