Chapter 6

Chapter 6
He Dreams Of Flying

Prepare to adore me.

I still get peoplke asking every week, "When is the next chapter coming out?" The answer is always either Friday or Saturday, it updates every week. And the fanfiction is going to be eight chapters long, so you still have two more to look forward to, you don't have to worry. 

Please favorite, follow, vote, review, whatever you want to call it, just let me know that you're reading!

Castiel and Dean walked back to the impala when the sun had already long been set beyond the mountains. Castiel's throat was a little sore and his eyes were still watery from crying, but he felt a sort of overwhelming happiness that couldn't be stifled. A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips.

Dean was still shirtless, carrying it in his hands, letting his wings out. He lightly flapped them in the breeze, enjoying the stretch of muscles that had gone too long without being used.

They approached the impala and he climbed on top, not willing to let this moment go yet. Despite being tired, Castiel felt the same way, so he followed Dean onto the hood of the car. Dean's wings spread out to wrap around both of them, pulling Castiel closer to Dean. He had probably never felt so safe and secure and certain that he was loved in his life.

They sat with Castiel leaning against Dean's chest for a little while, just looking up at the stars. Finally, Castiel felt that the moment was right to speak.

"Do you think that there are more of us out there?" Castiel whispered, almost afraid to ask the question. Dean seemed to mull it over a minute.

"Probably one or two. Sammy doesn't have them, so it's not genetic." He said, shrugging. Castiel nodded his head a little, giving a sigh. He hadn't even thought to ask about Sammy yet.

"So, if it's not genetic, why do you think we have them?" He questioned, reaching out to slowly stroke one of Dean's glossy feathers. Dean shivered a little, enjoying the feeling. Nobody had ever done that before.

"I honestly don't know. Do you have any theories?" He questioned, shaking his head to clear it. Castiel froze at the question, and Dean knew that he had hit a sensitive spot.

"I have no clue." He whispered.

"Maybe it was so when we finally found each other, we'd know we were meant to be?" Dean teasingly suggested. Castiel smiled just a bit, seeming to take the suggestion as more of a joke than anything.

"Maybe." He agreed quietly. "I highly doubt it."

"Well then, you obviously have to think something. Is there something you're not telling me?" Dean asked, pushing for information. He didn't want to make Castiel uncomfortable, but at the same time, he wanted to know what was up with him. Maybe he could help him to feel better about it?

"I- well..." Castiel stated. He was so used to putting up walls and not telling people how he really felt or what he was really feeling that he was finding it difficult to let Dean in. He knew he had no reason to be concerned though. He could tell Dean, he could finally let it all out. It was just going to be difficult to start. "The real reason my mom left. I usually tell people that she just got sick of us one day and went, which is what I was told when I was little, but that's not exactly the case." He mumbled. Dean nodded his head, urging him to continue. He found that as he spoke, it was getting easier and easier to let the words come out.

"I found her diary when I was twelve. I had always wondered what had happened to make her go, what specifically pushed her off the edge. All the response I got from my dad was that she was under too much stress and wanted to leave. If I ever asked what she was like, he'd always respond with some generic, half thought out answer. So, I took matters into my own hands once I found it. I tried to wait, but I couldn't control my urges and I read the thing. It started out great. She was happy to see me grow and had tons of plans for what to do when I was finally there. My dad hadn't even started drinking yet then. Once I came out though, things changed.