Chapter 8

C H A P T E R 8
❝ Never mind. I still hate him. ❞

◇◇◇

"Ryan, we both know that we don't like each other." A sigh had escaped from my frowning mouth.

He ran a hand through his dirty blond hair, looking as fired as I was. "That's true."

I had cocked an eyebrow. That was it? That's all he was going to say?

"Even till the last moment, you annoy me." I stated, looking down on him.

"Your welcome." He had looked up, meeting my gaze with his blue eyes. "I'm simply being myself."

"And I don't like you "being yourself", so let's just get this over with. We're over, done, finished, whatever." I rolled my eyes at this boring routine.

Ryan simply snorted and walked out the yogurt place, shaking his head.

And I simply glared, shooting daggers at the boy who was too boring to be real.

"Wake up, you lazy bum." A voice groaned, nudging me with a feet at my side.

My eyes fluttered open, already vibrating off waves of annoyance because of my dream. "What?" I croaked out, wiggling my body to get away from the stinky feet that was pushing me off my bed.

"It's Monday." The voice answered, and from the dramaticness of the voice, I knew it was Hale—not that I already didn't know thanks to his smelly feet.

"Can't we just pretend it's not?" I gripped my pillow and put it over my head as I muffled into the bed.

"I'd love to, El, but mom's orders. She said if I don't take you to school in time, she's gonna drag us off onto another "adventure" this Saturday."

"Ugh! Why—I just, why?!" I shrieked, unwilling to get out of the comforts of my bed.

"Hurry up. I gotta go to school too." He plucked away my pillow, then pushed me hard on the side with his feet.

F*ck! I fell hard on the ground—and thank goodness my thick blanket was wrapped around me—because I would've literally broken every bone if it wasn't for its protection. "Ow! You—"

"Language!" Hale shouted, chucking my pillow to my face to block whatever I was going to insult him with.

"Ugh! Fine, just give me 15 minutes to get ready!" I whined as I slowly—very slowly—got up.

"Nope. 10."

My eyes shot open. "What? But a girl needs her time for all the fluff!"

"Fine." He groaned, walking out of my room with his hands in the air in a sign of surrender.

"Finally." I muttered and dropped back to my bed.

"Ah-ha!" Hale shot, jumping back to my room. "No can do, El. You're going to school today."

He then dragged me off my bed despite my screeching and clawing, then threw me over to the bathroom.

"Your 10 minutes start now." He stated as he took out his watch.

"What? I thought it was 15!" I yelled as I popped my head back out of the door.

He cocked an eyebrow and just pushed me back in, "Well, I changed my mind, girlie. You have 10 minutes," He looked down onto his watch. "Never mind. 9 minutes."

He smirked silently urging me to get ready.

I rolled my eyes. I hate Hale.

I slammed the door and walked into the shower.

"Love you too!" My brother shouted behind the doors, and I couldn't help but lightly laugh. He might be a pain the butt at times, but he can be one great—

"8 minutes!"

Never mind. I still hate him.

◇◇◇

N O T E

Let me start with another thank you.
Y'all are seriously amazing!
My book has 1.6k views now and I couldn't have done it without you precious readers! Thanks again :)
Also, I'll be able to update more—I think—since summer break just started! Expect more awesomeness of this novel ;)
Thanks one last time, and please remember to vote, comment, share, and luv ♡