Chapter 7

C H A P T E R 7
❝ That's a pretty name. ❞

◇◇◇

I looked up after summoning some fake tears, pouting innocently. "Can I have my phone back, mom-"

I stopped midway of my plea as I saw that it wasn't my adventure-crazy mom who stole my phone, but Hale.

My "innocent" look immediately dropped at the sight of him smirking. My eyes shot daggers at him as he scrolled through my text with my RPD.

"Give me back my phone." I stated, my eyelids fluttering with annoyance-another one of my untamed habits.

He ignored me as he continued reading my messages with a sly grin. "Who's this?" He asked, his eyes still fixated on the screen.

"None of your business." I lashed, then stood up to steal my phone. Because really, that triple chin needed to be pointed out.

"Is it a boy?" He asked, but didn't gave me a chance to answer as he replied to himself. "Obviously by the way you've been blushing for the past ten minutes, he is a boy."

"Way to go talking to yourself, loser. Now give me my phone." I put out my hand, silently recommending that he return my phone unless he wanted to find a tarantula in his bed tonight.

"Loser?" He dramatically said, putting his hand over his heart. That's why he's in theater. I rolled my eyes.

"I am anything but a loser!" Hale exclaimed, acting pained.

I rolled my eyes once more to make a point. "Sure, loser. Now hurry up. Tut tut." I waved my hand in the air.

"But you called me a loser!" He pouted playfully, smirking as he put his hand-that was holding my phone-into the air, out of my reach.

"You meanie!" I looked up, kicking him in the shin after releasing my favorite insult.

"You meanie!" Hale mocked, flapping his arms along as he pretended to sound like me.

I kicked him once more-harder this time.

"Ow!" He yelled as he looked down at me, his mouth gaped open.

I smirked. "Sorry." But it was quite obvious from my tone that I was anything but.

And while my loser brother was recovering from his pain, I jumped up for the now lowered hand and retrieved my phone. Gotcha!

"You're no fun." Hale stuck his tongue out, popping his esr buds back in as he turned back for his seat in the table across from mine.

"I'll take that as a compliment!" I called after him, not really caring to look long enough for his reaction. I quickly opened up my phone and tapped on the message icon.

A text waited to be read: Are you dead? Should I call the cops, Ms. Idiot?

I snorted then hurriedly replied.

You sound too happy. Anyways, I was gone because my loser brother stole my phone.

An answer came through right away.

Oh, did I? I guess this is why I'm not in theater. I can't act or lie for my life.

Lolz. Really?

Yes actually, and that sucks since my sister always uses that against me. And speaking of siblings, you said you have a brother?

I rolled my eyes for the-I actually lost count-gazillionth time at the thought of Hale.

Unfortunately, yes. He's an idiot who miraculously made it into Harvard.

Wait, Harvard? The Harvard? Were you seriously going to casually skip over that huge detail?

Oh, had I never mentioned this before? I mean I guess this was the first time I even talked of my brother with my RPD. And generally, I don't talk much about my brother. To think of it really, I'm pretty sure only a handful of friends even know he exists.

.-. He's an idiot, Mr. TripleChin. I typed, trying to dismiss the topic.

But he made it into Harvard! Gosh, I could practically hear him whine through the text!

Shush- Enough talk about my brother, let's talk about something else!

At least tell me his name. He was having none of it.

I let out an exasperated sigh as I typed my brother's name for my RPD to print and hang on his ceiling to admire.

Hale. Hale the idiotic loser.

Well, my sister's Jenna, just so that we're even ;)

Jenna? Why does it feel like I should know this name?

I rolled my eyes. It's probably a name of someone from school. After all, I do know a lot of people, and one of them's probably named Jenna.

That's a pretty name. I commented.

Thank you, Ms. Idiot.

Ugh, I'm so not an idiot. My brother is.

Suurrreeee. Whatever you say, madam ;)))

I smiled at his mistake.

Triple chin!

His reply came a second later.

I hate you .-.

I laughed before I was greeted with a clatter of dishes, signaling that my mom was here with her mountain load of food.

Before she could give me a lecture about going out to the buffet and getting my own food, I stood up with a smile and simply walked down to the buffet, humming.

◇◇◇

N O T E

Chapter, chapter!
A new chapter is here :)
And I seriously wanted to thank y'all so bad!
First, this book now has 1k views, all thanks to y'all luvable readers!
And second, I freaked out the other day when I saw this book on the 'What's Rising' list on the Teen Fiction genre menu.
Thank you all!
I luv y'all so much ♡♡♡
Also, I wanted to take this chance to apologize to those of y'all who's voted, read, or added this story to their reading list that I didn't have the chance or time to thank individually yet. Y'all are amazing, and I'm truly sorry that I'm not able to each and every one of you individually!
Thanks for reading, and see you at the next chapter!