Chapter Eleven

Alrighty the build up is coming! Let's see if anyone catches the hint that has been dropped in this chapter. Hee hee, I'm evil. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nikita

“You decided our date was supposed to be at Popeye’s?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Sean was nonchalant.

“And you knew about this?” I questioned Blake, slightly hurt that he didn’t bother to share this with me.

“Em, not quite,” he said trying to hide his smile but I caught him anyway. “He said he was taking us out on a date but wouldn’t tell me where.”

Sean was first out of his jeep and I sent a quick text message to Mandy for help.

“Come on girl let’s eat,” Blake rolled his eyes as he got reluctantly. That made two of us.

I had just hit the send key when Sean got in the window wagging his eyebrows at me.

“Come on Nikki love,” he said in his own version of coaxing me into doing whatever he wanted.

I bent my head to look around the parking lot hoping Blake or anyone heard the forbidden nickname. There weren’t a lot of cars parked. Blake had his back to us standing in the direct sunlight. His back was hunched over a little. The coast was clear.

“Don’t call me that,” I said in a hush, “it makes me sound like a-“

“Cookie cutter? Lovin muffin?” Sean was making different faces at me at each nickname. “I’ll let you get a taste of these sugar lips if you’ll come in.”

Crap! He was using his own nickname that I gave him two weeks ago.

“You play a dirty game,” I said but complied.

It was a quick and easy peck. Sean opened the door for me all the while guiding me by the hand to lead me out. It wasn’t really necessary but that didn’t mean it wasn’t enjoyable.

“That’s my girl.”

Blake kept his back to us the entire time finally turned around.

“We’re in this together.”

Sean kept a hold on my hand and held out his other hand for Blake. Blake seemed uncertain at first but took it anyway. The heat started to bounce off the concrete into my face now that we started walking together.

“When I was little I used to think girls couldn’t sweat,” Sean commented.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Blake asked giving Sean a hard look.

Sean was unfazed by it, “It was just a thought.”