Chapter Ten

I have made you guys wait long enough so here is a new chapter. It's not much but it's something. All I can say the setup I've been trying so hard to hold back will be making itself known very soon. Shutting up here now. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blake

It was the fourth of July and honestly things had been going great with Sean. He had spent some time with me in my room lately. Sadly Nikita and I hadn’t had much time to hang out lately.

“My aunt has been around so things have rather been busy around here,” Nikita sounded like she was doing eight different things. “She’s great though and she really loves Sean. She’s been asking about you.”

“You told her about me?” I was getting that insecure feeling in the pit of my stomach of a person I didn’t know was asking about me. Call me shy?

“Oh please she won’t bite, trust me.”

I made a face at the phone.

“Don’t make faces I can’t see.”

“Dang woman how do you ‘know’ these things? It’s creepy.”

“Sean does it too.”

I could hear her in the laundry room heaving what sounded like more than one basket. Her voice sounded slightly strained at the end. I felt guilty about that.

“If you ever need any help-“

“-So then you’ll come meet my aunt?” She asked hopefully but also knew better. Nikita was the only person I knew who could do something like that. With a little practice, her words would make the perfect double edged sword.

I waited for five seconds not sure what I was getting myself into, “Maybe.”

She was shaking out something and I could tell she held the phone on the shoulder by the rustling sounds coming from the other line. Before that she was washing drying dishes. Before even that it sounded like she was setting the table. She had just called me right around the time she was putting away groceries, very busy indeed.

“You’ll meet her sooner than later,” I could hear the warning in her tone.

“At the carnival,” I caught on.

“Yep.”

“Am I taking her on the Ferris wheel?” This wasn’t how I imagined things. I was hoping to ride the Ferris wheel with Sean because it be romantic. I’ve already seen dozens of movies like that and wanted to have that for myself.

Then I started feeling guilty again. Sean had spending many days with me in my room while Nikita was stuck in her own home doing more chores than normal. She never complained but still. It didn’t seem all that fair.