Chapter 9

“Good morning” he whispered in my ear. I jumped because I expected it to be Louis. Not Niall. I was happy at first to have him lying next to me. Being wrapped in his arms. Then I remembered the events of last night. The whole evening was a mess. My first Halloween in college should have been one of the best nights of my life. I guess that’s why I get for having a boyfriend that no one can know about.

If I was dating Louis or Liam or any other college boy I could have had one of the most fun nights of my life. We could do a stupid couple costume and get drunk and make out in front of everyone. Nope. I was dating my professor. I knew what I was giving up being with him. No dates unless it was in his apartment. In class I could barely speak to him unless it was about the coursework because we didn’t want anyone to get suspicious. We couldn’t hold hands or kiss in public. Not that I was really into that stuff before Niall. I hate PDA and that was a problem I had with Louis.

Louis always wants to hold my hand and kiss me. He didn’t care who was around. He would want to make out on the couch during a movie we were watching with my family.

The problem with Niall is that I love him so much. I want to be able to kiss him whenever I want. Sometimes I have to stop and remind myself that I can’t do it. One time after class I almost leaned in for a kiss in the hallway. That would have been a disaster.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I screamed and got out of bed, throwing a sweatshirt on to cover myself up.

“I’m sorry” he breathes. “We need to talk about this.”

“So why the fuck are you in my bed?”

“Did you want that to be Louis?” he snapped.

“No” I shot back. “But you can’t just slip into my bed whenever you feel like it. I’m so mad at you Niall.”

“Alright, I’m sorry. Please, let’s talk about what happened.”

“No. You slept with Vicki. I can’t forgive you.” I looked away from him. If he could see my face he would know I was lying. Even if he did sleep with Victoria I would forgive him. I’m pretty sure at this point I can’t live without him. I don’t when I got this weak but he’s broken down all my walls and I need him.

“I didn’t.” He got up and took a step closer to me.

I took a step back to keep the distance between us. “I don’t believe you” I said with less confidence than I intended.

“I was mad that you kissed Louis. I went about it all wrong and for that I am sorry. I never should have went to her apartment.”

“Then why did you?” I practically screamed. “You literally ran out of here. You didn’t even let me explain the Louis thing. If you have just given me that chance we wouldn’t be here like this. So no I can’t trust you right now.”

“Then why don’t you give me the chance I didn’t give you? Let me explain what happened.”

“Fine” I gave in. “Why were you really here before I got home. Don’t lie to me Niall. I know you weren’t here to look for me.”

“I was here to see Victoria.” I threw my hands up because it hurt to hear him say that. I felt like he just punched me in the stomach. The thought of his hands on her and her touching him is enough to make me want to throw up.

“Why?” I yelled.

“You’re aware that she’s insane?”

“Obviously” I rolled my eyes.

“She accused me of sleeping with a student.” I didn’t think it was possible for my stomach to hurt more. “I will not apologize for following up with that. Both our asses are on the line. I went over there to confront her. She admitted that she only said it to get me over there so I left right away. That’s when I bumped into you.”