Was

Step
      After
             Step
                   After
                          Step

Do these stairs never end?!

Wah... I'm so tired.

This is my, what, maybe fourth trip to the car and back?

Ah! Yes, finally made it to my floor.

I made it down the hallway until I reached the familiar door.

It was already ajar so I bumped my hip against it and it creaked open.

I slipped inside and finally got a chance to set down the box I held in my hands inside the apartment.

I stood up and wiped the sweat from my forehead with the back of my hand.

"Is... is that the last one?" I asked out of breath.

"Oh! Is that the one with all the pots and pans for the kitchen? Then yeah... that was the last one."

I sighed out happily as I crashed on the couch as she rummaged through the box I just brought in.

"Man, I never knew moving day would be so hard..." I contemplated.

I saw her as she made her way into the kitchen with a big, heavy pot and set it down on the table rather loudly.

"Excuse me? Who in their right mind would have a kitchen with no pots to cook with?"

I silently chuckled to myself as I saw her place her hands on her hips.

Ahh... she's so cute~

I decided to quietly stalk her... you know, just to see how she'll react.

I carefully yet swiftly made my way to the kitchen and stood by the entrance.

I peered my head ever so slightly so I could get a glimpse of her. Luckily, she had her back against me.

I saw her crouched down fiddling with the cabinets.

Heh, trying to find some room for those pots huh jagi?

I saw her sigh out and skim her hand through her hair in frustration.

"Aish! Waeee, there has to be some room in here..." she told herself.

I came up behind her, crossed my arms, and decided to make my presence clear.

"Now you see why I don't have any pots in the kitchen?" I said with a smirk on my face.

She immediately turned around with a pout on her face as she made it clear that she also discovered the answer to that question as well.

I just had to laugh... how can she be so cute?!

"Aish, pabo... what have you been eating in all the years you've lived here without having a single pot?"

I shrugged.

She sighed and stood up so that she met my stance.

She got closer.

So close that I could feel her chest against mine.

"Well, I guess you should be grateful that I'm here then... you can finally have some soup and pot roasts now."

I smiled warmly, rested my hands on her waist and brought her even closer to me.

"Heh... believe me, I've been longing for you to move in here ever since we got engaged..." I breathed out.

"I just can't believe it came by so soon..." I added.