Chapter 7

Gabe's POV

Harry was asleep and I was sitting on the bed with Kaeleigh. I grabbed her hand and raised it above her. I caught a glimpse of of something and I moved the sleeve.

"Gabe please don't." She said but it was too late. She had six huge deep cuts on her arm and two more on the other.

"Baby those are deep. How long have they been there?" I asked sitting up.

"The day I walked away from you in the woods. I heal fast." She said not looking at me.

"I'm so sorry it's all my fault I should have went after you." I said tears building up in my eyes.

"It's not you're fault. The day I went back I was beat from the moment the door opened till my father fell asleep. I could take all the stress so I cut." She explained taking her back and covering it up.

"I'm sorry." I apologized as she crawled closer to me.

"Stop." She said said straddling me.

"Okay." I said and she looked into my eyes.

"Thank you." She said then kissed me. She pushed me back without breaking the kiss then pulled away.

"Turn the lamp off?" I asked since she could reach and I couldn't. She turned if off before nuzzling her face into the crook of my neck.

"Night babe." She said still laying on top of me.

"Goodnight baby." I said kissing the side of her head.

"Daddy?" I heard a small voice ask.

"Daddy." Harry said again and I opened my eyes.

"Yes little buddy?" I asked looking at him.

"Where is mommy?" He asked and I look around realizing she wasn't here.

"I don't know let's go find her." I said stand up then squatting down so he could hop on my back.

I sniffed the air and followed her cherry vanilla scent. I tracked her down to Andy's room. The door was open so I just walked in.

"Um someone was looking for you." I said letting Harry hop off my back.

"Mommy." Harry yelled attacking her leg that was hanging off the bed.

"Hey baby. Morning babe." She said hugging him and looking at me.

"Morning batman. I'm gonna go talk to my dad." I said giving her a kiss and walking off. I walked off and I heard Andy yell in a playful tone "you have a kid?!" I just smiled and walked off.

I made it to my father's office and knocked.

"Come in." He said and I opened the door.

"So is Harry her's?" My father asked a few minuets later.

"He's her brother but she has taken care of him since he was two." I explained and he nodded.

"She's really nice." My father said and I smiled.

"Yeah. You would never believe it from looking at her but her father used to beat her and I think he is a rouge." I said and my father looked up.

"What?" He asked leaning back in his chair.

"Well I went out with the guys when they were doing border patrol and we smelt a rouge. I thought it smelt familiar but I ignored it. I went to her house the next day and I remembered where I smelt it. It was her father. He came home two nights after that drunk yelling at her. He called her a whore and a few other names. He tried to swing on me and I knocked him out. I was close to shifting and tearing him apart but I didn't." I explained simply.