Chapter 10

We all were running. Away from out deaths. Maybe it was my fault? If we all died now I would have been the one to blame, since all of this was my idea.

The whole faction was falling apart. This was probably just how Amity looked 3 days ago. In those days my life had changed completely. The bombs kept falling around us.

I stopped for a moment and looked around me. Everything is ruined, my childhood. Nicholas turned around and shouted at me. I don't realize what he's screaming until a bomb falls in front of me. My body gets pushed backwards from the explosion and then everything becomes black.

------

''Mylo? Can you hear me?'' Someone's talking but I can't see the face. I can't hear anything on my left ear either.

I nod as an answer to the question. I do hear, atleast some of it.

''We thought you were dead'' I blink a few more times as my sight gets better. We? Who were 'we'? Oh now I remember we're in my home faction and Nicholas is the one standing above me.

I quickly sit up and immideatly realize my mistake. My legs can't hold me and I fall down again.

''Where's the others?'' I asked as he just stared at me.

He fumble with his hands before answering my simple question. ''They kept running as the bomb exploaded. I don't know where they went''

How could they not have noticed the explosion? Hopefully Ellinor will be okey and not get killed by Micah the murderer or her big strong kind of boyfriend.

''We need to find them. We need to stay together'' I said.

''We'll never find them in this chaos'' He said calmed and kneeled down next to me.

I pushed him at the side and got up from the ground. This time I felt stronger. ''Now'' I demanded and Nicholas stood up again.

------

We were running down the street which was crowded with people in panic. I didn't want to help them, not at all. I felt very selfish at the moment. But I wasn't an Abnegation. I was smart and brave. Atleast I tried to be.

''Mylo!'' Nicholas screamed and I turned around and saw him standing next to a limp body.

I thought about running, leaving Nicholas alone. But I couldn't leave him.

Nicholas slowly looked up at me again. ''This man. I know him'' He simply said.

''I don't know how. But I feel it inside'' He said.

I rushed towards him and kneeled down next to the man. His left eye had been destroyed and blood was flowing down his face.

Nicholas took of his jacket and pulled it on the mans head, to pressure the blood flow.

''Can you stand.... Ehh, sir'' I asked and the man nodded. He seemed to have trouble speaking, maybe a bomb hit him?

Eventually he stood up and we both helped him walk. To escape.

''Thank you Nicholas'' The man said as they had been walking for a while.

So this man did know Nicholas?

''How do you know me Sir?'' He asked.

The man chuckled. Like Nicholas just had told him a joke. ''We're the same, my boy''

The same? Did he mean that they both were from Abnegation? Or was he just saying weird things?

Suddenly the man started to scream. I had no idea what to do?

''Abnegation! They destroyed everything! It's....'' He didn't have time to finish his sentence before he took his last breath.

I bit my bottom lip and tried not to cry. I hadn't been present during anyone's death before and even thought I hadn't known him I still felt like crying.

''W-What was he talking about N-Nic?'' I mumbled.

Nicholas looked up at me with teary eyes. But he laughed. ''Did you just call me Nic?''

I sighed. ''I don't know, I might have. Now answer my question''

''I have no idea. But we need to find the others'' He said as he closed the old mans eyelids. He looked so peaceful lying there, it made me jealous of what he will miss. He wont haft to watch as every faction get teared apart by some human beings.

"Let's go" I said and let my sight go from the old man to Nicholas instead.

------

We walked slowly in silence through the faction. We had no idea where to go or where to look for everyone else. Our meeting with the old man had caused alot of questions and no one could answer them.

"Mylo?" Nicholas finally said.

"Yes"

His hand slowly go throught his brown hair. "You know that I tried to tell you something.... Eh, yesterday before the bombs started to fall?"

Nicholas cough before finishing. "It's kind of a big deal, and I don't want you to get mad or cut me out of your life" He added.

"It can't be that bad" I cuckled and tried to smile. I was terrified about what horrible thing he would tell me.

Suddenly someone grab me from behind. I kick and as I try to scream my voice is gone and my breathing gets slower. I barely see Nicholas and shadows is all around us.

"You'll die if you scream"  The voice whispering in my ear sound almost mechanical and makes me thighten even more.

After that everything went black.