Chapter 9

"Run! The building is falling apart!" I shouted as an attempt to wake everyone.

Benjamin jump up from the floor and still look a bit dizzy. That might be because we have slept for 4 hours. "What's going on?" He asked and yawned.

Nicholas run in to the room. "Bombs are falling over the city"

---10 hours earlier---

We run down the long hallway. Micah is barely keeping us with us. It's hard imagine him beating the crap out of me recently. We turn left, right and then left again. Why aren't we reaching an exit? When I am about to give up Ellinor shout that she found the emergency exit we were looking for. She pushed it open and we all were breathing heavily as we stopped outside.

"Now we just haft to get passed the guards and down to the get to the border and from there we would get to Erudite. If we get to Erudite alive there's a train going to Amity from there, and everyone knows that from Amity you can get out to nowhere....." I said and everyone listened with excitement.

".....and that's were our enemies are" I added and Nicholas patted my shoulder. "I always knew you were this smart and controlling. It's in your face" He said. I had no idea what he meant by that but I ignored him.

Then Ellinor opened her mouth and talked to me for the first time since I found her making out with a certain tall transfer. "How do we know that this train is still moving?" She asked.

I sighed. Honestly I didn't know. But as a leader I had to pretend I did. "You all just need to trust me, I am the only one who knows Erudite" That was actually true. Ellinor was from Candor, Nicholas and Benjamin from Abnegation and Micah from (the former) Amity. Now when I thought about it, I felt really sorry for Micah. His whole family were probably dead.

"I'm not trusting smart ass over there" Micah shreiked and I immediately hated him again.

"Do you wanna survive?" I asked. Wishing he would say 'No' so that we could leave him here. He got quiet, speachless.

"That's what I thought. Let's go everyone" I said and started to walk. I did know which way Erudite was since I had spent so much time the last weeks on the roof, looking over my old home.

------

We had walked in silence for almost an hour. Hiding from guards and ignoring each other. Finally Ellinor caught up with me. "Are you mad at me?" She asked.

I chuckled. "No"

"It was an accident. I promise, I didn't......What? Did you say No? I have been ignoring you all day beacause I thought you were mad?" She said.

"Of course I am not..... I" Before I could finish my sentence Nicholas pushed me down on the ground. "Down" He hissed and everyone listened.

His hand were once again on my mouth. I was starting to think that he likes my mouth or that he think that I talk too much. "What arrrr yoo doinn?" I hissed and kick with my legs.

He lean closer to me. "Eric's over there, talking to Jeanine" He whisper. Ellinor look over the edge of the dumpster that we're all hiding behind and nod in agreement. Jeanine? What is she even doing here? She's the Erudite leader who my father works for.

"They're talking about the attack" Micah whispered and I suddenly got a shiver through my body when I realize he's lying very close next to me. I am uncomfortably close to the person who caused my night mares. Without thinking I crawl closer towards Nicholas instead. Atleast he never tried to kill me.

"What are you doing?" Nicholas whisper but I don't answer. I just close my eyes. But he doesn't push me away so I guess being silent works.

"They think there might be new attacks soon. Eric said that they had gotten a new message" Ellinor said and turned towards us. She and Benjamin change awkward stares for a second before turning towards us.