The Bro Code by joecool123

Book title: The Bro Code

Writer username: joecool123

Status: Completed

Category: Humour/ Teen Fiction

Length: 21 parts/72 pages

»»»»»Description«««««

Rule number 4: If a girl falls into the following criteria, she is off limits forever until the end of time:A) Was a bro's ex-girlfriend.B) Your bro specifically told you he wanted her.C) Is your bro's sister.

 Nick Maguire is the King player of East High. He knows better than anyone that when it comes to Eliza O'Connor, his best friend's sister, he can have two of the following: True love, honesty, or his best friend's respect.

»»»»»»»»»»«««««««««

»»»»»My Review«««««

The amount of witticism used in this book is probably its biggest plus point. I absolutely loved the dialogues, the clever, quirky exchanges between Eliza and Nick and just Nick’s overall verbal smoothness during most situations. While, usually, I judge books on Wattpad eighty percent based on the story line and twenty percent based on the writing, the percentiles surely turned for this one. I can firmly say that, this author is one of the geniuses on this website who could portray their male protagonist in such a genuine, realistic way. Especially, when the character was the known-to-be-cliché “Player” type. There were so many ways Nick could come out as the stereotypical, good looking school jerk but the author gave him a heart, integrity and just wholesomeness which made him seem so much more real and quite cool, actually.

I felt it was refreshing to read a story in guy’s a point of view, that too described so sensibly and the emphasis given on Nick and Carter’s friendship was just adorable – reminded me of Ted and Barney from How I Met Your Mother to be honest, with Nick being a sort of washed out and cleaned version of Barney. (lol)

The plot line was very sweet. It had me chewing over the little suspense regarding Eliza’s secret and sniffing up during the father son moments between Nick and this dad. Not to mention Hank – the O’Connor family’s oh-so-wise care taker. I wish I had a Hank in my life.

Go check this book out now, if you already haven’t.  Remember to vote and comment on it too because The Bro Code, deserves all the love it gets.

==============x=============

A/N: Shoutout to hotfudge_sundae for taking the time to suggest two of her favourite books. Thanks nikita(?) I’m enjoying reading that second book quite a lot! ^^