Chapter 2: cat and mouse

Derek's p.o.v

I was climbing out of the car and I was engulfed with an intense heat. The prison pack is so humid! why did i have to ware black jeans and a black long sleeve shirt! i rolled up by sleeves but that didnt help so i changed to plan B.

I climb back in the car and change my long sleeve black shirt into a white V neck tank top. the nobel pack is a slightly coder climate so we dont get a lot of super hot weather. but when we do, it practically kills us all.

I climb back out and the amazing smell of coconut and sea salt fill my nose. I frantically search the crowd until my eyes land on a pair of green eyes. i stare into her eyes as i get lost in them. i look over her face and she is absolutely beautiful.

'Mate.'

My wolf, Thunder, says as my mate turns on her heels and runs. I run after her on instinct. She tries to hide her scent and succeeds. i groan as i try to keep up with her. i should never let my mate go after i find her. thats what alpha altair taught me.

She's fast but I push myself to go faster. She turns a corner and I follow after her. I run down an ally and past some duct work but that's no way it could be her. who would be stupid enough to hide in something that would only magnify your scent.

I continue to run around the pack but I fail to find her. I returned to the main square to find her friends. they came in with her and ran after her as well. im not happy that she dosent have any girl friends.

"Who are you?"

They ask me and I smile. as an alpha i must be somewhat kind. at least thats what alpha mark taught me. he was a approchable guy who had a decent since of humor. i liked his teaching.

"I'm alpha Derek, her mate. And you are?"

I ask and they bow their heads in submission. this is supposed to give you power, at least thats according to alpha sage. he seemed nice when his mate was present but he had his days. dont we all?

"Alpha we are Noah and Landon Dreyfus. Our sister, Scarlett, is your mate."

They say and I smile.

'Scarlett, a beautiful name.'

Thunder says and I smile. All of the phones around me go off and I pull it out and look at my phone as it goes off. well this must be important for everyones phones to go off. that or we all just got a text at the same time.

Alert! Alert!
Alpha Kaden and Altaïr have had children! Alpha Kaden had a daughter and alpha Altaïr had a son! Alpha Kaden's daughter's name is Maddison and alpha Altaïr's son's name is cole!

The article said and I smiled. It's about time they had a kid! I can only wish for my own someday. I shut my phone off and it vibrated again. 

I pulled it out and it read:

This just in! Alpha sage has pronounced his luna's pregnancy! They are expecting a girl! They are going to name her jade!

It read and I smiled yet again. Oh how I wish I could have kids now. But I'm only 17 and still in school. so that would be impossible. i would be forced to balance school, a mate, being alpha, and a kid. thats to much.

"Hey Derek!"

My beta, chase, yells as he runs up to me. Landon and Noah look at him and bow their heads.

"Beta."

They say and he nods back at them.

"Noah, Landon, there is no need to bow. We are family."

I tell them and they do the bro hug. Chase looks at me weird but shrugs it off.

"So I heard you found your mate."

Chase says as he leans on me. I side step away and watch him fall in mud. I hide my laugh behind a cough and a sneeze.

"Yes I did. And you got a little something. Here."

I say here as I motion my hands all over his cloths.

"Ya Ya, whatever."

He mutters as he walks off to the prison pack pack house. I smiled slightly as I turned to Noah and Landon.

"Do you have any idea where she could be?"

I asked them and they shrugged.

"Not a clue but she will return. Trust us."

Landon said and i nodded as i ran a hand through my hair.

"I dont trust anyone but i will believe you as you are my mates brothers."

I tell them and they nod. we all walk back to the pack house and i walk into my room.

Once in my room i begin pacing. Now that i have found my mate i fear for her safety. where is she? is she okay? will i ever be able to properly meet her? 

Eventually chase came in to check on me. hr brought me supper and we talked for a little while.  but landon and noah came in with their noses in their phones.

"hey derek, check this out."

noah says as he and lanodn sit next to me. landon dosent show me his phone but noah does. i read through a text message conversation between my mate, noah, and landon. but what shocks me most is that she asks them not to tell me! she says she s at her secret place and that she is fine. 

"where is her secret place?"

i ask them and they shrug.

"no one knows. she always runs to that one place though. whenever shes mad, sad, or just wants to be alone; she will hide her scent and run to that place. her favorite hiding spot in in duct work."

landon says and my eyes widen. the duct work i ran past! she had to be inside it! oh, shes sly.

"duct work you say? well i have a plan."

i tell them as i begin to make up my plan in my head. this will be one awesome plan.

"whats your plan?"

noah asks me and i smirk.

"looks like someone started a game of cat and mouse."