Flash Fiction, Anyone?

Before we get to that though, we should probably sort out a winner from last month's caption contest, eh?

Well, this was the image...

And the winning entry is...

"...But I ordered the duck." by Red_Harvey

Honourable mentions, of course, to...

MadMikeMarsbergen for "Eighteen inches? Is that all?"

eyeexeyeeye for 'My niece says, "It's probing time!"' 

ChristopherArmstron8 for 'Intergalactic surgery is not worth it. I want my refund... keep that thing outta me. This is inhumane.' 

---

Right, now that's out of the way what do you say we get down to business?

So some of you might recall back in the early days of Tevun-Krus, we didn't host caption contests. Nope, instead we had contests of a much more challenging nature.

Well you know what? We figured it's about time we return to our roots and as we're all about bitchin' Sci-Fi, why not prompt you to write said bitchin' Sci-Fi?

With that in mind, are y'all ready for a prompt?

---

It's Renaissance Italy. You're an inventor's assistant working late whilst your Master or Mistress is out whoring or drinking - probably both - when there is a knock upon the door.

With much trepidation - times are dangerous, after all - you open the door to find a hooded individual standing in the doorway and after but a moment's worth of deliberation, you stand aside to allow said hooded individual entry.

---

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to write a 500 word piece of flash fiction making use of the above prompt as inspiration!

Once complete, post a link to your entry in the comments' section below and we'll announce a winner next issue.

The closing date, to permit a little time for judging of entries, is Sunday, June 25th.