The Boarding of Harmony and Lavender Part Ten

After I finished sharing the story with Harmony she just sat there silently for a moment as if she was taking in what I had just told her. Then she turned towards me and looked at me with her dark blue eyes

"Will you tell me more? More about you that is" she asked.

I don't particularly enjoy discussing my past or my family life with anyone but then I though about how Harmony looked when she was talking to Miss Angie how she looked so comfortable and relaxed as she laughed at something witty Angie must have said. I felt a sting of jealousy; I know I can seem cold or intimidating at times but I don't want Harmony to feel distant from me. So I began talking again, telling her about myself. How I learned to play the piano, about my first birthday party, when me and Madison attempted at playing a prank on Auburn and how we failed miserably at the prank and both of us somehow ended up being pushed into the swimming pool by him instead. How my mother never used to yell at me or hit me in front of Madison, how I felt when Auburn started growing up and caring more about girls and our family's money than spending time with me, his only little sister. How I met Savannah in the fifth grade and how me and Madison started hanging out with her all the time. Also I told her how once we hit middle school Savanna and Madison stopped getting along even though I never really knew why. I told harmony how I was never allowed to listen to anything but classical music, she looked at me in pure horror when I told her that one and I couldn't help but laugh at her reaction. I told her how my fathers always to busy with the family business so we hardly ever see him and I told her how my mother wants me to find a boy who comes from a wealthy family and how she wants me and Auburn to take over fathers business when he passes away, and once we get out of college she wanted me to either start working for my father or marry a wealthy man who will work for him instead.

"Do you want to work for him?" she interrupted.

"No" I said truthfully.

"What do you want to do then?" she asked curiously.

"I want to study many different subjects in college then decide what one I liked best and get a job in that filed of work and live on my own without relying on my parent's financial support" I said.

Harmony began to fiddle nervously with the hem of her shirt.

"Is that what you and your mother were arguing about?" Her question surprised me.

"More or less" I shrugged.

She looked at me, her eyes begging for me to tell her more.

"My mother, she wants me to always act and look properly so I don't get a bad reputation so when I'm older I can help run dads business without bad press, but at open house when I saw you in that dress, I couldn't keep my mind or my eyes off of you and other families kept coming up to me to greet me and my mother, but I was so focused on you I was ignoring and not paying attention to them. My mother got upset and told me to go outside for some fresh air so I can clear my head, so we went outside and she asked me what was wrong with me and I told her I was done with trying to impressing people and I didn't care what they though of me, but she wouldn't stand for that. So she told me to so back inside so she could show me off- show off how pretty and proper her daughter is, but I wouldn't go back inside I told her to make Auburn do it, to show him off instead and then she got mad at me for talking back to her and you know how the rest of the story goes..."

I pushed a strand of hair behind my ear then looked back down at my hands ashamed and slightly embarrassed.

"She hurt you just because you didn't feel like doing what she wanted you to do." she said it as if she almost didn't believe it.

"Yes"

Harmony placed one of her hands gently under my chin and slowly lifted my head up so I was looking her in the eyes, her beautiful dark blue eyes. She didn't say anything, she didn't have to, because I could feel her compassion and love for me with just the touch of her hand. After a moment she placed her hands back on her lap.