the Boarding of Harmony and Lavender part six

"That's going to look fantastic on you! Oh and I have some simple black heals that you can borrow" Chris gushed.

But I couldn't even nod.

"Uh Harmony are you alright?" once again I couldn't speak.

"Harmony" Chris sounded worried now.

She then slowly took the card from my hand, I didn't object. She was now staring at the white card with wide eyes.

"Lavender as in Lavender Black?" she asked.

All I could do was nod

"Oh" she said rather surprised.

"I-I-I don't know how to repay her" I finally spoke.

"Well it's a gift you shouldn't have to so anything to repay her, it must have been something she wanted you to have" Chris smiled.

My mind was racing with thoughts, this must have been the reason she didn't come to all of her classes today. If she went through all that trouble for me she must have some interest in me too. Then the though hit me "Interest in me too" in me too... im interested in her? Well of course I think she's interesting I mean if she wasn't I wouldn't feel this way for her. Wait, feel this way for her... the realization of my thought hit me like a fifty foot wave, I was in love with her, I was in love with Lavender Black. The thought scared me but at the same time filled me with warmth. Then Chris's voice broke my train of thought.

"Earth to Harmony" she said.

"Chris..." I spoke

"Yes?" her face was filled with concern

"I think im gay" I was surprised the words left my mouth

"You mean like happy gay or like Lesbian?" she asked

"Lesbian" I answered

"And you got all that from this dress" Chris said raising her eyebrows and scanning the dress for some secret message.

"Im serious" I tell her.

Chris stopped joking and looked me in the eye before glancing back at the card

"You love her?" she pointed towards the card as she asked.

I nodded

"Well, you really cant help who you fall for, trust me I know" she sighed.

I still said nothing

"You picked a hard fish to catch" she grinned then picked up the card "but by the looks of this maybe you have already caught the fish" she said.

"You're not upset? Freaked out? Or even uncomfortable?" I asked.

"Nope, why would I be?" she said.

I felt my eyes burn and threaten to tear up but I resisted the urge to cry.

"So what do I do?" I asked her

"Well you don't do anything; just keep up whatever you're doing because I mean its seams like its working." She said as she ran her hand over the silk dress...

Chapter seven

The next few days were uneventful, I said a huge thank you to Lavender the next time I saw her and she just blushed and said "It was no big deal". On Monday we didn't have to attend classes so we could get ready for back to school night. I pulled the black silk dress over my head; it fit perfectly almost like a second skin.

"Alright you can turn around now" I said to Chris.

"Oh wow!" she exclaimed

"It looks great on you, every curveless girl including me will be drowning in envy" she laughed.