The Boarding of Harmony and Lavender part five

"Harmony wake up" Chris's voice was soft and quiet compared to my alarm that was buzzing loudly in the background. I squeezed my eyes tighter and rolled over so my face was burred into the pillow.

"Harmony, get up" Chris's voice was a little more firm and this time she slightly shook my arm as she spoke.

"Har-ma-kneeeeee!" she shook harder as she shouted.

I reluctantly rolled back over so I was facing her and I began to slowly open my eyes. The first thing I saw was Chris's slender figure leaning over me

"Great your up and it only took about fifty hours to wake you" she laughed as she sported her normal friendly smile. I slowly sat up on my bed smacking the off button on my alarm clock as I sat up.

"Don't you have practice in the mornings?" I asked groggy and irritated.

"We have a week off, our coach has the flue" Chris smiled brightly "Besides you should be grateful, I brought you breakfast" She handed me an English muffin with jam. "They were out of doughnuts" she said as she sat down on her bed and begin brushing her thick brown hair back into a tight ponytail.

"Thank you" I spoke as I stood up. After I ate I took a shower and pulled on some black jeans and a Dresden Dolls band shirt. I was sitting on the floor trying to lace up my Docs when Chris spoke again.

"So are you nervous for this coming up Monday?" She asked.

"Hu? What's happening Monday?" I answered.

"What! You don't know? Its back to school night" she looked started at the fact that I was unaware of this.

"But I just started school last Monday!" I protested.

"Well yeah you started this week but the rest of us started on September first like normal, so it's about the appropriate time for a back to school night" Chris was shoving books into her school bag as we talked.

"Oh man..." the thought of having to see aunt Carmen again made my stomach turn uneasy.

"Oh mans right" Chris sighed.

"Well it cant be that bad I mean I just have to have my aunt come by the school meet my teachers then I get yelled at for ditching yesterday and then she's back on her way home before dinner and I wont have to see her again till Christmas break" I said to reassure myself.

After I finished speaking Chris erupted into laughter, oh no this is going to be worse then I'm anticipating. After Chris calmed herself down she spoke again

"I don't know how open house goes at your old school but it's defiantly not that easy here" she stated.

"Oh fantastic" my voice was pure sarcastic.

"Fantastic indeed" Chris mirrored my sarcasm.

"So how bad is it going to be?" I asked.

"Well the school makes a big deal about it because the parents pay a fortune for us to come to this school so the teachers want to make it prefect. There's a dinner, a campus tour and then after that the parents can go meet the teachers to discuss the student's progress. Oh and the whole things formal wear"

I felt my jaw drop.

"Well it sounds worse then it is I mean the students only have to attend the dinner, the rest if is for the parents and teachers only" Chris grimaced.

"F-f-formal wear, like dresses" I stammered.

"Oh yes, it's just another excuse the families use to show off" Chris shrugged.