the boarding of harmony and lavender part two

Harmony awoke to the familiar constant buzz of the alarm clock, but instead of getting up and turning it off I chose to just simply roll over deeper into my warm covers and jam my pillow over my head to block out the sound. It was a good plan but to bad it didn't work much. "Buzz...buzz...buzz..." I squeezed my eyes tighter shut. Trying to ignore the sound "buzz...buzz...buzz" I was fighting a lost battle, so finally after about ten minuets or trying to ignore the noise and continue sleeping I sat up and opened my eyes. For a few split seconds I expected to see aunt Carmen in my room getting ready to yell at me for not getting up when my alarm went off but once my eyes adjusted to waking up all I saw was just Chris's empty bed. I stood up and switched off my alarm clock, twenty minuets till class begins...crap. I hastily pulled on some black jeans, a nine inch nails concert shirt, and lined my eyes with eyeliner in record time. I quickly as possible laced up my Doc Martins and didn't even bother running a brush through my hair. Then I bolted out of the room, down the stairs and out the dorm all the way to my first period class. I had made it with four minuets to spare. When I entered the room I noticed Lavender was sitting in the desk next to mine, my stomach had the familiar fluttering sensation that occurs ever time I see her. Today she was wearing a beautiful pure white dress that fell down slightly past her knees and had a sweetheart neck line. Her long radiant hair was pinned elegantly up so it appeared to be only shoulder length. She smiled as I plopped myself down in the seat next to hers.

"Good morning" she said, smiling and shifting ever so slightly just to meet my eyes. I felt my heart rate start to pick up, as the sound of her voice filled my head.

"m-morning" I panted out still tired from my run down to the class from the dorms, suddenly I started regretting not combing my hair this morning.

"You don't have to rush to get to this class on time, the teachers always at least ten minuets late." She smiled her stunning perfect smile I felt as though I mite melt into my chair. That's when Madison entered the class room, at first I thought she would walk up to us and make a rude remark towards me like she did in our last encounter but she didn't. Instead she looked lavender straight in the eye, completely ignoring my existence then turned straight around and started heading in the opposite direction of the room towards a desk in the front row. I couldn't help but see that her short curly hair looked slightly sloppy compared to her silky perfectly neat orange-blond curls she had yesterday. Also her normally plain eyes looked a bit red and slightly swollen like she had been crying for a long period of time. I wondered what was bothering her and for a split second I would have almost felt sorry for her is she didn't just turn to look back at me and give me that disapproving glair of hers. Bitch.

I glanced back towards lavender; she was looking down at her hands in almost an ashamed way. I worked up all my courage and spoke "Lavender, are you alight?"

Her eyes darted up to meet mine, "Oh, I'm alright" she reassured me. I didn't know her well enough to push the subject to instead I just nodded and pretended to be highly interested in the writing carved into the wooded desk.

"Its just that I made Madison upset with me and it seams that she is still quite discouraged with me" Lavenders voice was lower then normal. I looked up to meet her eyes. She was still staring at me. I felt my stomach flutter, "I'm sorry" I spoke in a voice as low as she did. "Don't be, it's not like it's your fault or anything" she said. But for some odd reason I felt like it was my fault.

"What do you do after classes?" lavender asked with her normal confident voice.

"Well Chris has practice and she's really the only one I spend time with outside of classes, so normally nothing I just end up going back to the dorm."

"Really, you haven't met anyone else?" she sounded truly curious.

"No I haven't" suddenly I felt like such a loser in comparison to her, I mean she was beautiful and kind so she was sure to have plenty of friends.

"It's the same with me the only one I really talk to out of class is Madison" she shrugged.

That's right I recall Chris saying she's normally by herself.

"Harmony, would you like to spend some time with me after classes?"

My stomach lurched, my throat tightened, and I swear my heart was trying to break free of my ribcage.

"y-y-yeah" I managed to stammer out.

Lavender smiled brilliantly "Alright how about we meet in the space between the A and the B dorms?" she asked.

I managed to mumble out an "alright" just second before the teacher walked in and started class.