[16] Kakashi's Fight to the Death...with a Cow

"Ninja art: hidden mist jutsu!" The air around us got cloudier. Soon, I couldn't even distinguish Kakashi out of it all. We stood all around Tazuna in a square, my teammates all wielding weapons while I just held the stone.

"Tomiko, how are you planning to protect me with just a rock?" Tazuna ask wearily.

I didn't answer, I just stared ahead. It's more than just a rock...

"Eight points," Cow Guy Zabuza's voice came from the mist. "Larynx, spine, lungs, liver, jugular, subclavian artery, kidneys, heart." My legs started shaking. "Now, which will be my kill point?"

Suddenly, some blue aura cleared a bit of the mist and I could make out Kakashi. It turns out the blue aura was Kakashi's chakra; it surrounded him completely and radiated so I could see him.

I could see Sasuke's body tense up. He pulled his kunai up to his chest with shaky fists, and I was about to swat the knife out of his hands when Kakashi's voice rang out: "Sasuke! Calm down. I'll protect you with my life; all of you. I will not allow my comrades to die." He turned around and gave us a closed-eye smile, which looked a bit weird with two eyes and with a scar running down his left one. "Trust me."

"I wouldn't be so sure." Cow Guy Zabuza had somehow popped up right in between us and Tazuna. How did I not see him!? He was so fast! "It's over." As Cow Guy Zabuza swung his sword, Kakashi quickly stabbed him with a kunai and we all jumped back. He disappeared in a puddle of water; a water clone?

"Sensei, behind you!" Naruto shouted, and Zabuza was materializing behind Kakashi.

"Die!" he shouted, and his giant sword went straight through Kakashi's body. Almost instantly, before I could break down again or even feel sad about it, Kakashi's shredded skin and blood turned into water as well. Is that the power of the Sharingan?

Kakashi somehow appeared behind Zabuza and held a kunai to his neck. "It's over."

I grunted in frustration. Why can't I do anything!? Slowly backing up out of the action, I turned around and bolted for the woods, scurrying up a tree.

Oh man, I hope they don't think I'm being a coward right now...

Putting the stone up to my face, I closed my eyes for a second and attempted at pouring all my chakra into the stone. When my eyes opened, I noticed the stone's flashing stopped. It was completely glowing now; a solid purple color. Its ravishing light grew brighter and brighter until I had to close my eyes because it was so bright. I felt the light go down and I opened my eyes, grinning. The stone completely stopped blinking and glowing; it must mean it's ready for work.

When I scurried across a branch and looked down, I noticed that Kakashi was now trapped in a ball of water with Cow Guy Zabuza standing next to him, one hand touching the blue ball. A clone of him stood facing my teammates, and it looked like Naruto was having this big moment, as a bunch of his shadow clones were on top of Cow Guy Zabuza. He threw them off with ease. One of the Naruto's, which was probably the original, threw Sasuke a giant shuriken. I smirked in amusement, how I was going to ruin whatever plan they had.

Jumping down from the tree branch, everyone gasped and gawked at me as I flew straight for Cow Guy Zabuza.

"You're mine, Cow Guy!" Holding the stone out in front of me, now not around my neck, it responded as if it knew I wanted it to attack now. A giant purple light beam of power shot out of it, and I almost felt like I was being torn apart at the pressure of its power. A loud high pitched ringing sound came from the stone, and the light hit Cow Guy Zabuza  with full force. His eyes widened and I flew upwards as he flew backwards. I landed on my back right by Sakura and Tazuna, and I leaned up while grunting, still grasping on tightly to the stone. I looked at where Zabuza landed, which was right on the surface of the water. He was covered in blood and bruises, struggling to get up.