Chapter 21 ♕ Onwards

Valeriana did not know how to react when Aneeka handed her a knapsack full of her clothes. These were her warm ones in particular—jacket, and the favorite trench coat of hers along with some jeans. The tenth also carried Tamara's, Genevieve's, and Elfre's clothes with her while Rowe and the other boys were responsible for bringing the ones for Corvan's, Charles's, and the list went on.

The reason for this was because Prelurésia was the coldest in comparison to all the other continents. The seaside town still felt warm due to the fact that its geographical location was farther from north than the rest of Prelurésia—but even then, the air already felt chilly. Charles chose the place for such reasons so that they would be able to make the necessary preparations for the journey rather than abruptly subject themselves to the cold weather. If they were to dock on another port, the tendency of catching a cold was high.

Even so, donned in their winter attire, the Twelve looked much different than normal.

Corvan looked magnificent in his animal skin winter coat trimmed with white fur. The emerald hue of his eyes was further emphasized by the light color of his skin, hair, and clothes. In fact, if he were to walk on a snowy terrain with fresh, white buds of snow falling in the background, he would sure look like he was modeling for a magazine for some winter fashion line.

Valeriana didn't exactly know what she was thinking. But, if she was to make a Hollywood reference, Corvan sure did look very much like Orlando Bloom when he starred as Legolas Greenleaf in The Lord of the Rings. With his long hair and such charisma . . . no wonder he seemed like a star.

Still, Corvan had a very unique aura about him. Even Orlando Bloom himself was no match for his inimitable way of projecting himself. The first-ranker was already blessed in the looks and talent department. He came from a good family and was well-bred. Perhaps his only flaw was the lack of a good attitude. Looking at him . . . he was almost perfect.

Charles was discussing things with Rowe and Corvan beside one of the coaches they would be riding. It must be something serious considering the look on their faces. Still . . . why do Valemnians have to look so good?!

The horses weren't really the usual ones Valeriana typically saw every day. They had fur-coated hooves and a particularly sturdy build. The manes on their necks were thick as well. Perhaps they were horses meant for winter? Charles did mention something about them being only found in Prelurésia. Winter horses?

"Hey, why are you off staring into space?" Asked Tamara inquiringly, stopping beside the girl. She looked to where Valeriana was looking before suddenly smiling. "Staring at Corvan, huh?" She teased.

Valeriana pulled on the collar of the baby-blue trench coat she was wearing over her jacket and looked up at the redhead with a glare. "I wasn't." She seethed, unable to think of a good excuse to cover up the fact that was ogling the guy she hated the most.

"Deeenniaalllll!" Tamara sang. "It's obvious you like each other, so don't even try to deny it."

"Are you freaking crazy?" Valeriana growled at her. "Do you even know what you're talking about?"

Tamara, with her tanned complexion from the continuous exposure to the sun, did not first suit the image of winter. In Valeriana's opinion, she looked better basking under the glaring sun with a searing desert under her feet. But, contrary to her expectations, the winter getup fitted her perfectly. Perhaps it was because of her blue eyes.

The third-ranker merely laughed at her remark and said, "I know what I'm talking about perfectly. The question is . . . are you?"

Valeriana could only quirk a brow at her reply. "Come again?"