Chapter 34

‘Morning snorer, I’ll be a bit earlier tonight. About 16:00,’ he text the next morning.

I squealed with excitement and bounded around the house, cleaning and making cakes just to occupy my time. I had slept late so was happy to laze about and was up to my neck in a bubble filled bath when he text. Now I was planning on being seduced...if not I would seduce him. If I opened the door and kissed him we might just tear each others clothes off and... yup my best underwear was coming out!

Music was playing, candles were ready to be lit... was it too much? I’d leave the candles and play it cool. Plus it was too light anyway.

By the time it came to 16:00 I was like a coiled snake waiting to pounce on my prey! Come on you sexy bastard knock the door so I can attack you. His car pulled up and I cheered like a cheerleader both hands punching the air. Then I saw him get out and open the passenger door. Shit he was bringing someone in, I couldn’t see who as the porch blocked my view. God did I feel a twat in a dress and lace knickers. I belted upstairs and slipped the dress off. Yanked my jeans and a baggy jumper on as the door knocked and nearly killing myself on the way back down the stairs in slippers.

“Hi,” I opened the door breathless. “I was upstairs.”

He stood there with his niece Sammy in his arms. She looked sad and shy as she snuggled his neck.

“We have a dinner guest,” he kissed my cheek.

“Hello,” I said but she snuggled in more and huffed.

“You can stop being moody now, I took you with me didn’t I,” he whispered to her. She started to cry, tears streaming down her face. “Mel has a big fat cat, do you want to see him?” he made it sound fabulous. She looked around to see if she could spot him.

“He’s in the garden,” I walking through to open the door.

She gasped as she looked into the garden and saw my nieces toys and Wendy house. “Yes! Let’s play tea party!” she squealed excited and got down to run out and play. “Bring some cakes!” she yelled over her shoulder.

“Sorry about this but she cried, lots and I’m a wimp,” he pulled me to him for a cuddle. “That is a bit of a sexy bra to have on with that jumper,” the bra strap was showing as I slumped off the shoulder. “Let me see it,” he pulled the neck of my jumper out and perved down the top.

“Get off,” I pulled it back.

“Are the knickers matching?” he looked over my shoulder and pulling the back of my jeans out to peek.

“James Cavendish you little pervert, get away from my underwear,” I playfully slapped him away.

“I’m used to you in bikinis but lacey emerald knickers are much better,” he tried to get another look.

“James! Where are my cakes, the teas getting cold,” Sammy shouted with her hands on her hips.

“One minute!” he yelled back and turned to scowl at me. “What did you have on before you put the jeans and jumper on?”

“Underwear,” I replied trying to be clever.

“You liar, I bet you have a dress or something on. Where is it?”

I laughed, shaking my head in denial. “There isn’t one.”

“Go put it on, let me see,” he wiggling his eyebrows.

“No. Let me get Sammy some cakes,” I pulled out some that I made earlier.

“Wow she is going to love them,” he said nodding at the cupcakes and Victoria sponge.