Chapter 7

"There is a nice bar around here," I said leading the way to a bar that did the most amazing food.

"Ahhh hello, welcome back Melanie," the owner said making blush again. I was alone last time so they spoke to me more than other. "Oooo you bring a handsome man this time. I told you, you would find love and here it is."

I stuttered like an idiot trying to correct him but he wasn't listening.

"Come I will take you a table."

"Don't worry it is a good cover story for us," James said. "Just a normal couple on holiday."

I went to protest but couldn't find the words. Damn this headache!

We ordered our food and drinks. I downed the first and ordered two more, making James raise and eyebrow.

"I have a banging headache, the booze will numb it."

"Doesn't it make it worse?"

"No," I replied as the starters arrived.

I was ravenous so tucked in. Making small talk through both courses and skipping a dessert.

There was a group of girls who were trying it on with any man that walked by. Typical drunk Brits on holiday and not usually what was found around here but here they were. One had her eye on James. I tried to stifle a giggle as I watched them eye him up on his way back from the bathroom. They planned to grope him on the next look break.

One was even braver than the others and walked across the dance floor to the balcony we were sitting on.

"Excuse me are you two an item?" she asked loudly. "Because if not I would like to take him back to my hotel room and do him some damage!" she swayed around on her six inch heels. "Becky thinks you are shagging and the rest of us think you ain't cos you don't hold hand or any of that shit."

I giggled.

"So are you up for the shag or what!" she asked.

"Get out of my bar," the owner said chasing her and her friends away. "You leave this lovely couple alone!"

I was in hysterics.

"Did that seriously just happen?" James asked looking stunned.

"Hahah yep!" I was doubled over laughing.

"And why do I get the feeling you were going to throw me to the wolves instead of keeping up the pretence of being a couple?" he asked trying not to laugh with me.

"It was too funny. I had visions of you being eaten alive," I laughed even harder.

"Stop laughing at me. She could have killed me!" he said and started to laugh himself as he shoved me playfully for putting my head on the table to try and catch my breath.

"With my memory I can just keep rewinding that, it is brilliant," I said belly laughing as I replayed it.

"It's moments like this I am grateful I can't," he said making me worse again.

My stomach was killing me from laughing too hard as he ordered more drinks and playfully glared at me. A couple at another table had found it just as funny and we ended up drinking with them all night. By ten o'clock I danced to every cheesy song played and stopped dinking so I was pleasantly numb and not totally wrecked.

James was a right laugh, he was dancing around with the bar owners wife like a toy boy. She was loving it and we promised to come back the following evening.

We walked back to the hotel with other couples... not that we were one but for the sake of appearances we put our arms around each other and my aching feet even got me a drunk piggy back the rest of the way.

It was a brilliant night, but we were here for a reason. First thing in the morning I would be down on that lounger praying for a miracle.